Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
As the pack's resident cock block, Towhee patrolled both the exterior and the interior. Inevitably, she thought of children. She thought of her own and wondered where they were and what they were doing. Were they safe? Did they have food and shelter? Were they happy? Were any of them working on the next generation? Meerkat wasn't the only one who might bear her grandchildren this spring, after all.

Her thoughts drifted to Moonglow's youths as she walked around the perimeter of Anik Lake toward the coppice. She knew about Cowstep and her twin, though she'd seen others in passing. She wondered if any of them needed a mercenary mentor. It had been many years since her last attempt at a boot camp, yet Towhee warmed to the idea.

The temperature dropped noticeably under the shade of the evergreens. Towhee threaded between their rugged trunks, finding a patch of weak sunlight beside the water's edge. She moved toward it and took a seat, orange eyes peering across the loch.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
51 Posts
Ooc — xynien
the last thing inkalorë needed was mentoring in mercenary work. the star-child was clumsy enough as is, often ending each day with new scrapes and bruises. they were an active child, though, and always on the hunt for new friends. so naturally, when they saw a wolf they'd never met but who carried the signature scent of the village, inkalorë was delighted.
hi! they greeted happily as they trotted up to the woman, stopping at her side to look out over the water. their tail waved happily as they walked, and they watched the woman with cheerful anticipation.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She saw someone walking in her direction, the color of the youngster's pelt reminding Meerkat of her elder daughters. When he (she assumed) came up to her with a cheery greeting, he definitely favored Meerkat at that age. She still had a pretty sunny position, though life's harshness had cast some clouds over it.

-"Hello there,"- Towhee greeted, wondering if he might enjoy some training. If not, she was just happy to meet another of the village's members, particularly a young one. -"I'm Towhee. What's your name?"-
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
51 Posts
Ooc — xynien
the woman moved strangely when she spoke. she also spoke strangely, but ink didn't notice that part. they stared at her as she moved, only barely registering her words. why are you moving like that? it looks cool, then they remembered that she'd asked for their name. i'm inkalorë! and what was hers? something with a t...
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
-"It's another way of talking,"- she was happy to explain when Inkalorë asked. -"I'm deaf—that means I can't hear—and I can usually read lips, but signing helps too. I could teach you, if you're interested."- A ptero lesson would be just as productive as warrior training, in Towhee's mind.