Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Private 
@Mahler @Void

Void had settled hard against him. And Rodyn did his best to help him. But his body was growing tired. His emotions ran the gauntlet. He settled Void to the ground.

And sat near him eyes searching for the healer and keeping eye on Void.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
capitalize the V in void's name and it will do the autotag :D <3

the trail was smeared with blood. it was easy to find the pair, jostled together at the base of the mountain. mahler wasted no time in setting out his herbs as he crouched close to void. "how long ago did this happen?" the wounds seemed rather fresh but infection was fickle and evasive.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
"I've fallen in love and it's changed everything"
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
"A couple hours ago..." Void said. "I got into a battle, then walked home and saw Rodyn, and now we're here." Void told the healer. 

Void winced as a fresh wave of blood began to trickle from his wounds
sorry for the short reply
-----
Void is Alfa of founding pack Midnight Scar. Interested in joining? PM me!
Health (90/100)
Void is physically healthy, just a little tired and unkempt
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Void has a mate and pups, and despite his exhaustion he is beyond happy
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
any length reply is great!

the lacerated flesh was quite twisted. it had been larger jaws to do this. as the blood began to flow again, mahler licked away its worst and then pressed moss against the more jagged edges. he set it down and began to chew willowbark and comfrey for the gaping tear in the man's shoulder.
rodyn was quiet, solemn.
"i am mahler," he told them both, "of paleo. you are lucky to have found me before these grew infected." he was silent then, packing the shoulder and layering it with cobwebs before preparing more of the same mixture for void's face.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void stood still as the healer healed him. It burned at first as he cleaned and packed the wound, but then the pained eased and he felt a lot better. He watched the man, interested, in how he made a mixture. Void had never taken the time to look at or even think about herbs. He had never had to, since most of his battles were victories, and those he lost never wounded him bad enough to need more than rest and cobwebs or moss.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
"now you must rest here at least six days."
he motioned at the bundle he had brought, clearing his throat so @Rodyn could hear. "you must do all that i did," he told the uninjured wolf. "i vill show you again if you need. i cannot stay, so you must be his healer. this contains five days' vorth of supplies. on the sixth, bathe his vounds. do not go into vater before that time, void," the gargoyle added, his eyes traveling back to the hurt wolf.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void hated the idea of resting. He knew it was best though so he nodded.
"ok." He didn't want to be a burden on Rodyn so he hoped his friend didn't mind caring for him.
"I don't like the water anyway, so I wouldn't just go in for fun." Void told the healer
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn listened, but didn't say much. He sniffed at the bundle of herbs. So chew them and put them on like a paste. Do i need to also change the moss?

Rodyn didn't mind caring for Void. He briefly wondered what had happened. There was probably more to the story, but he didn't press. It wasn't really his business. He had gotten him the treatment that he needed. He just hoped whoever had hurt him wouldn't come back a second time.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
"that is good," he said to void. to rodyn: "change the moss every two days. the freshest moss vill be under morning dew. it does make the difference," he added, alluding to the process of waking up so early.
the man sat back upon his haunches.
"do either of you have questions?"
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
"Will the wound on my shoulder leave me with a limp?" Void asked. It had been his worry since he got the injury, what permanent damage it may cause.

the new avi is great Danni!
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Thank you. Liv did it. She plays Fury. 

Rodyn tweaked his ears forward, listening to the answer to Void's question. How would his friend feel, were the answer yes. Would he become despondent or angry? Or none of those things would he accept it with grace. He was unsure, but he wanted to see. He hoped that it wasn't the case.

Though wolves could certainly adapt, it took time, and patience and it didn't always work.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler shook his head. "not unless you run or jump before you are healed. the muscle is exposed and torn. but it vill mend itself through medicine and lying still as long as you can each day."
inside the bundle was a bright red flower with black seeds at its center. "poppy," he told them both, "for pain. take no more than two. they are very tiny, the seeds, but they are very potent. more of that and vhen you sleep you vill not vake."
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
slightly ironic since thats who did this to void lmao.

Void nodded. He did not want a permanent limp so he would take resting seriously. 
He also would be careful with the poppy seeds and try to barely rely on them since 
he didn't want to show how much pain he was actually feeling.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Fury is actually a softie if treated well lmao

Rodyn winced and eyed the poppy seeds, he didn't want to give them to void at all. He had heard bad things about them. Hallucinations, wolves going crazy to get them. Yea, they would be only if he was so pained it was palatable.

Though he supposed it wasn't really his decision. It was voids and he was a grown wolf that could do what he wanted.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler out! ty for the thread<3

"a little oozing blood is part of healing. if it is bright red or smells foul, both can be signs of emergency. keep an eye out for fever and green or yellow pus seeping from any vound."
mahler stood.
"you know vhere i can be found if your conditions vorsens, void."
the doktor dipped his muzzle to them and turned away, trotting back up along the gentle slope.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void dipped his head in parting. Then he turned to Rodyn. "I'll hold off on the poppy seeds for now, don't think I need them, the pain isn't too bad." Void lied. Personally he didn't want to seem weak and didn't want to risk the side affects of the seeds.

"Mahler did a good job, those medicines or whatever he used helped." Void said, which was true.

"You don't have to hang around me all the time, I'll be ok." He told Rodyn. He looked around to see if there was a safer place for him to rest rather than in the open.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn nodded his head to the healer. Watched with yellow eyes as the man turned and went back the way they had come. Wariness dipping into his guts. He looked towards Void and snorted.

You suck at lying. A small smile on his maw.

Rodyn nodded towards a small spot a little further away from them, sheltered and closed off. I'm staying. You're stuck with me, til this ordeal is over.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void sighed. "Still, I'm not taking the poppy seeds, no matter my pain level." He told Rodyn defiantly. "And don't try to argue on that." He growled, not with anger, but with determination.

"Right. I won't force you to leave but I'm sure I'll be fine after a couple days." Void told his friend, though he knew Rodyn wouldn't listen.

He stood up and limped over to the sheltered area.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Moontide
Alpha*
1,258 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
last post from Rodyn. Thanks for the thread.

Rodyn followed behind Void, keeping a weather eye on his limp and pain level. He wasn't about to let him fall on his watch. And he would stay until he didn't need him anymore. It was that simple. Which would be the whole six or seven days.

Void could grumble all he wanted, he wasn't changing his stance on that. Rodyn settled to the ground sphinxlike.

Get some sleep. I'll keep watch for a time.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void nodded to his friend. His wounds still throbbed but his exhaustion overruled and he was soon sound asleep.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)