Request  OOC line + Territory updates + Statistics
31 Posts
Ooc —
Would it be possible to:

1. Make it so that the "OOC —" line on posts doesn't appear when the player name/alias field is empty?

2. Start a crowdsource of updated territory descriptions to spruce up the description pages? For example, recognizing Moonspear's new small crater, the fallen stone at Stone Circle, the regrowth at The Sentinels, Sleeping Dragon's slight eruption some years back, etc.
2a. And also create collapse links of one to two sentences that would help describe seasonal changes within territories year-round (i.e. Hushed Willows in summer vs winter)? These would also be crowdsourced to save administration the burden.

3. Add a count for the sexes irrespective of gender (male, female, intersex) on the statistics page? I believe it used to be there, and when creating a character I would often use it to decide what a certain pack or the site in general was lacking in terms of balance.
꧁aristocrat꧂
326 Posts
Ooc — Bees
Advisor
oooo, i'm big on updating the territories! need me them environmental changes~
[Image: GUCCISIG.png]
899 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Warrior
Deerstalker
I would be wholeheartedly interested in contributing to #2 if possible.
but see, amid the mimic rout,
a crawling shape intrude —
a blood-red thing that writhes from out
the scenic solitude
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
Hello! Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to address one at a time!

#1: OOC field
We prefer the OOC field to remain visible on the postbit, as it's a good reminder of anonymity. However, we should be able to change it from "OOC —" to "OOC — N/A" so it's more obvious when someone is either anonymous or not using an OOC name. There are a lot of higher priority coding fixes and updates so it's low on the list, but it should be doable!

#2: Territory tweaks
We will do some tweaks for the territories that have been altered, but we feel it's important to remind players that altering territories requires CM permission. None of the events referenced were done with CM permission, which is the main reason those descriptions haven't been updated. This policy is in the Guidebook and exists to prevent players from destroying territories in bad faith.

However, these particular events have been referenced IC by more than just those who caused them, so we are happy to make these tweaks this one time. I will work on these this week and weekend! Going forward, territory descriptions will only be tweaked if the IC event that caused them was approved by CMs.

Edit: I forgot to address your season ask! We have general season descriptions in the Setting Overview help doc (click) and would prefer to keep that as a general reference rather than describing individual territories in each season to leave room for creative interpretation!

#3: Stats page
We wouldn't feel right using sex over gender identity to count characters in the stats, and since gender identity is vast and there are so many different possibilities, it would be impossible to account for all of them in the stats page. I can't speak to it much from a coding standpoint, but I think it was also simplified for coding reasons!
Sapphique
Sandstone
hold the dark
157 Posts
Ooc — Van
I don't truly see the difference between the OOC line not being there vs putting an N/A on it, but I will accept the compromise since I don't like how it looks when it's empty more than I wouldn't like the N/A lol

As for territory stuff, I am only interested in updating territories because, as you pointed out, a lot of players have referenced these changes while others have forgotten and newer people simply don't know about them. (There's been so many changes over the years it's why I suggested crowdsourcing for links, since that will do a lot of the legwork.) I do know these changes are against the rules, but there hasn't been any push back on it as far as I know. That being said, I would fully support CMs taking a more hardline stance on territory destruction in the future.

Also, I didn't even realize that seasonal blurb was there, my bad! I do feel like this info could be extremely helpful/better used if it was on each territory list page (as a sort of reminder) BUT this is really just based on a pet-peeve of mine when people new to the site reference a territory as it is described, regardless of season.

I get it with the statistics, though. I pretty much guessed those exact reasons on why this was changed -- I just figured it wouldn't hurt to ask ^^

Thanks, Chels!
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
If y'all know of any major territory changes besides Sleeping Dragon, Moonspear, and Stone Circle, let me know! I'll go through the previously updated burned territories and indicate regrowth as well, that should cover Dawnlark and The Sentinels (and any others I'm not thinking of) but there may be more I'm unaware of!
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
The following territory descriptions have now been updated to reflect their current condition:

— Moonspear
— Chimera Fields
— Ouroboros Spine (by Kukutux)
— The Heartwood
— Hoshor Plains
— Shadowwyn Moor
— Stone Circle
— The Sentinels
— Redtail Rise (by Avicus)
— Nova Peak
— Feller's Pond
— Sleeping Dragon