Swiftcurrent Creek playing with a stick of dynamite
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
839 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
All Welcome 
He had done a sweep of the border—it remained quiet, as evening crept in, the sun beginning to wane in the sky. The days were becoming minutely longer with the light offered—and he could feel that winter would soon give way to spring. Thus far, the creek had done just fine weathering the colder months.

And when the thaw came, there would be more promise in the air for the pack to flourish, he hoped.

Still, he bore down a hillier side of the creek lands, eyes rapt before him, searching for @Arric. There were things to be discussed.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric hadn't seen much of Akavir lately, but he hadn't much minded. They were friends that could exist in the same environment and not demand. Spring was coming as fast as winter had. He was excited for the start of it. Also a little wary about it.

Suddenly he saw Akavir coming down the hill and he waited, quietly. A small grin upon his face.

Hello. He called out.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
839 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Eyes fell on Arric—tracing old and fading injuries on the man, a frown clouding his features. “Anything I should know about?” Scrapes seemed to be commonplace between the two—but that didn’t mean Akavir would stop asking about them. He sidled up closer to the taller man, pale eyes sweeping over his Beta with piqued interest.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric tilted his head and shook it. I bedded the wrong woman. Tried to do the right thing by her, by dropping off food. Met her family who apparently  hate all men except those that are in their pack. We had words. I was stupid and let my mouth fly a little looser than it usually does. And was attacked. I gave as good as I got, but 3 against 1 is a little much. I finally managed to get away with a promise to never return. So i haven't been back.

Arric settled to his haunches near the man and offered a smile to him. How's life for you?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
839 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Tag simply for reference.

Bemused, Akavir listened. It wasn’t lost on him the advice and lecture Arric had given him their prior meeting, and knowing eyes would sweep over the male, who likely also was thinking this—so of course, he just didn’t say anything else. With a light clap on the back of his friend’s shoulder, Akavir sat down next to him, gaze stretching out over the expanse of the pack lands, then. “Maybe don’t make a habit of that, yeah?”

He would have teased further—recommending Arric find a woman maybe a little closer to home, but then his thoughts drifted to… Well. To one who his mind just simply shouldn’t.

“Remember how I told you I found one of my daughters? Now that things have calmed down here, I might need to pay one of my old packs a visit and… question them on something she told me.” He paused, becoming more grim. “I just have to gather my thoughts and make sure I can play nicely when I do it.” Because he definitely had some questions for @Maia.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: language

Arric chuckled. I know it was stupid. And i know from the look you're giving me, Karma has a way of biting us in the ass. Piss off. But there was laughter in his words.

Trust me I will not be making a habit of it. Not even worth it, even if she was gorgeous. Arric groaned and slid even further to the ground.

Yea I remember. She might be staying here, right?

you want company or you gonna go there on your own? Arric was curious about it. He wasn't certain all that it entailed and he wouldn't push. Akavir was the kind that would tell him if he wanted to tell him something.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
839 Posts
Ooc — Rachel

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Language.

Piss off.

He laughed—he couldn’t help it. Full belly, muzzle thrown back—it was perhaps one of the more relaxed moments he had in months, and it took a moment to compose himself from Arric and the ridiculous situation he had found himself in.

“Maybe look closer to home, yeah?” The sea, after all, was a travel in and of itself. Akavir wasn’t necessarily keen on his friend traversing the northern lands alone to visit a she-wolf. “You sure you didn’t find yourself a siren? My grandfather would have something to say about that.”

Akavir had always been skeptical himself—but there was certainly a draw of the Mayfair’s to the more mythical side.

Regarding his daughter, he considered, knowing he could divulge his concerns to Arric—but uncertain how he felt about any of it. “I’m not sure. She’s looking for her sister… but she told me she’s part of an arranged marriage, and I need to figure out what our old pack was thinking setting that up…” He brooded. “A fucking arranged marriage? I'm tempted to say heads are going to fucking roll.”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Language.

A twitch of scabbed muzzle and a laugh to join Akavir's. About time the other male let go a little. He'd be wound tight since the attack of the wolves that talked funny.

Man. I wouldn't be surprised. She sang instead of talked. I don't even know her name. Just her scent. He shook his head. He actually would wager she probably was a siren, after all he had christened her Sea queen. Maybe it should have been sea witch, though stuck more with her family than her. She had been nothing, but sweet. Then again she had wanted something from him.

What the actual fuck. I didn't even know they did that anymore. I'll help. Let me pop some of the heads off like daisies. he snorted. 

Who does that? Was your daughter upset about it?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
839 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
It got better, of course: the woman had sung instead of talked, and he laughed again—perhaps there was some truth to the old myths and fairytales. Either way—Arric had potentially been a bit smitten given his description of the girl, but it seemed she was completely off limits. If the large man was ever interested in family, Akavir held no doubt there would be opportunities within the creek—or, at the very least, Riverclan or Kvarsheim. @Silvertongue came to mind—and a lick of fire curled in his stomach.

“Hence why I need a bit to collect myself,” he reiterated, at his friends initial anger. “I always liked Maia—she was one of the founders, along with her mate. I never dreamed they would…” He trailed off, a sneer curling at his lips. Yeah, he definitely had to consider the angles to approach any of this first, else he’d react in a way he might regret.

“She didn’t even seem phased by it…” And with that, he sighed. “It’s to some guy in a pack called Akashingo. Ever heard of it?”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric shook his head with a grin. There wasn't anything to say, he had been stupid and paid the price. Arric thought briefly of Silvertongue too, but that was one of those moments where he'd never make a move without his friends sayso, because he wasn't sure what Akavir had planned or if they would share there too. He didn't have really any issue there, if he was honest.

Arric furrowed his brow. It made no sense. Maybe they didn't now about it, if your daughter perhaps went and met someone by herself. Someone could have tricked her. There are jackasses that take advantage of young wolves.

Arric shook his head. I haven't, but I'm up for a little scouting mission if you'd like. I can find it and get the lay of the land, or even Kilgitsut maybe. I'd say Jakoul, but she probably shouldn't be anywhere right now.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
839 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He considered Arric’s words—fuming silently, though he knew he needed speak just how much ti enraged him—his pack brother understood. For a moment he thought of @Viinturuth and how his pale brother would be just as enraged—a force to be reckoned with. If only the Frostfur could settle.

He huffed out, his mind upon @Jakoul. “The exercise might do her good. Though, I’ve been meaning to stop by Kvarsheim to discuss a more solid alliance with them. I can either bring her along there, or you, if you’d rather.” Akashingo would be found—of that, the shadowrunner would make sure.

And there would be answers to his many questions.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric said nothing. Allowed his friend to ruminate in his irritation and angst. It was to be thought of though. IT was not surprising. He was just as outraged, he just held it in a little more silently.

Take Jakoul. I believe she was a little upset you didn't take her last time. Arric didn't know about their relationship and he didn't ask. He didn't think Jakoul meant anything by it. It was more she had chosen Akavir even if he hadn't chosen her or liked it. She wanted him within eye s hot.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
839 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He blinked—“Upset?”
He considered that—how pleased she had been at their small hunt together, and time spent. Their verbal understanding had been communicated so minimally and without clarification that the man didn’t know where he stood with her or what they were—even what he wanted to be. The idea of settling down once more had his teeth grinding together just a bit more than what was comfortable—

—the thought of her seeking companionship elsewhere eliciting a similar reaction.

“It’’s a short distance away. Mind the place while we go?” He knew it was a given—still, despite the months of general peace they had, he still disliked being gone from the creek.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric nodded his head. She had been. But he wasn't sure if it was because she wasn't near him or just general worry. He also didn't know how Akavir's head was where Jakoul was concerned. So he tried to tread lightly right now at least. 

Course I will. Take some time to smell the floweres too Akavir. You can't be all about survival. Have you wound tighter than anything.

Most probably wouldn't say such things. But Arric felt comfortable enough in their broship that he could say what he wished and he'd get pissy, but then get over it.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Alpha*
839 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Akavir snorted in return, sardonic but good-natured ribbing. “There’s no fucking flowers to smell in the dead of the winter, Arric,” he retorted, amusement lacing his tone as he stood up then, offering a shake. The man could take from that what he would—but of course, a jab had to be added: “Not all of us get to play with the sirens,” he teased, a short laugh escaping him as he began to trot away, assuming he would seek out Jakoul and coax her along for what he hoped was a quick journey.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
960 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric grinned at his friend, but said nothing else. He just watched as his friend shook his coat. Though the words that fell from his lips, pulled a guffaw from Arric's throat. 

Piss off and safe journey.

Then he would go the other way, laughter in his face.