Redhawk Caldera Leave your bag of bones underneath your bed
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,035 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Her eyes drifted back in time to catch the beginnings of Alyx's stuttering. The rest of the words came out of her in such a rush Towhee couldn't possibly follow it all in real time. She managed to interpret enough keywords that she thought she got the gist of it. Her lips parted as Phox said something about Quetzal, right after reassuring Alyx he didn't hate her. She thought she'd understood correctly then.

But just to be triply sure, she said, "Sorry, I didn't catch all that. You're leaving? Where will you go?" Towhee paused before adding a few more thoughts, "Maybe you could take your sister with you? I don't like the idea of you traveling alone. Do you think you'll ever come back?" Of course, she hoped for a "yes."

But even if it was a "no" or an "I don't know," Alyx would only find acceptance from Towhee. It was a little resigned and fraught with maternal concern, yet she'd now gone through this enough times to realize it wasn't an inherently terrible thing. Sure, she missed her kids when they left but... honestly, this was probably how it was supposed to go. If their kids were independent and strong enough to disperse, then they'd raised them right.

Of course, she couldn't help but think of Prim in this context. He would always stay with them, forever young, because he hadn't survived. Towhee's heart squeezed in her chest. Yes, much as she hated to see Alyx leave, going out into the world to live her life was so much better than the alternative.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Leave your bag of bones underneath your bed - by Alyx - January 21, 2021, 11:43 PM
RE: Leave your bag of bones underneath your bed - by Alyx - January 27, 2021, 12:45 PM
RE: Leave your bag of bones underneath your bed - by Phox - January 27, 2021, 01:11 PM
RE: Leave your bag of bones underneath your bed - by Alyx - February 05, 2021, 08:38 PM
RE: Leave your bag of bones underneath your bed - by Phox - February 09, 2021, 10:08 PM
RE: Leave your bag of bones underneath your bed - by Towhee - February 09, 2021, 10:53 PM
RE: Leave your bag of bones underneath your bed - by Alyx - February 19, 2021, 11:33 PM
RE: Leave your bag of bones underneath your bed - by Phox - February 21, 2021, 10:10 AM
RE: Leave your bag of bones underneath your bed - by Towhee - February 22, 2021, 10:33 AM
RE: Leave your bag of bones underneath your bed - by Alyx - February 25, 2021, 10:59 AM
RE: Leave your bag of bones underneath your bed - by Phox - February 27, 2021, 05:22 PM
RE: Leave your bag of bones underneath your bed - by Towhee - February 27, 2021, 06:42 PM