Arrow Lake dragon’s gamble
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
I’m skipping myself with permission, lol. Let’s keep the post order loose, shall we? I’ll just post a new ‘round’ once everyone’s had a chance to post!

Towhee’s face lit up when Maxim finally appeared, moving toward his mate and offspring at a steady clip. She gestured at him in the universal sign to hurry up, then shot a glance at the kids. They both looked as impatient and excited as she felt, particularly Jack. She grinned broadly at them and began hustling toward the place where she knew Meerkat and her kids were waiting.

The instant they arrived at the rendezvous point, her orange gaze zeroed in on the three small strangers beside her grown daughter. Towhee had no memory of Fox, though she thought Vixen’s name absolutely suited her. One of the boys looked a lot like his mother with the saturation dialed up, his cobalt eyes quite striking. Meerkat’s other son looked a bit more like a proper Redhawk, only a bit muted.

Hey guys, I’m your Grandma Towhee! she said a bit too loudly. This is my mate, Maxim, and our kids, Leona and Jack Snipe.

She shooed her kids in the direction of her grandkids, then began making her way over to Meerkat, sparing a glance to invite Maxim along. The three adults could talk among themselves while keeping an eye on the quintet of pups as they hopefully played together.

It surprised her when she found Leo pressing close, mingling between herself and Maxim. Her youngest daughter was usually so outgoing and she’d seemed excited for this just moments ago. Towhee threw her a questioning look but didn’t say anything. Perhaps Leo just had the “whelmies,” being in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people. Towhee wouldn’t say anything and just hope Leona would eventually ease into socializing with the other pups.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
dragon’s gamble - by Meerkat - September 19, 2022, 10:02 AM
RE: dragon’s gamble - by Towhee - September 19, 2022, 10:12 AM
RE: dragon’s gamble - by Maxim - September 19, 2022, 10:22 AM
RE: dragon’s gamble - by Swordfish - September 20, 2022, 08:36 PM
RE: dragon’s gamble - by Jack Snipe - September 20, 2022, 08:41 PM
RE: dragon’s gamble - by Stingray - September 21, 2022, 11:10 AM
RE: dragon’s gamble - by Towhee - September 21, 2022, 11:48 AM
RE: dragon’s gamble - by Meerkat - September 21, 2022, 12:02 PM
RE: dragon’s gamble - by Swordfish - October 06, 2022, 06:50 PM
RE: dragon’s gamble - by Maxim - October 08, 2022, 11:39 AM
RE: dragon’s gamble - by Towhee - October 31, 2022, 10:32 PM