Redhawk Caldera Everyone dreams the words to long-forgotten songs.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She hadn’t anticipated the strength of the woman’s reaction. Tears welled up like jewels in Amalia’s eyes. Towhee couldn’t hear the choking sound she made, though it was easy to catch the word she kept repeating: “alive.” Apparently she’d thought he was dead. The Redhawk was suddenly very glad she’d taken on this spontaneous task.

Killdeer was always a welcome sight. Towhee shot him a smile, eyes sliding sideways as she wondered if her ailing health was obvious. She didn’t want him to worry about her. She’d beaten the infection. Now she just needed some time to regain her strength.

Hey, Killer, she said softly, letting Amalia answer his question.

It was difficult reading her lips, as she was in a right state. Towhee made a hesitant movement toward her, then glanced at her grandson. Perhaps he knew Amalia enough to comfort her?

There’s a bit more to the message, she said, just hoping Amalia could make out her words. He apparently can’t come visit easily because his mate, Ani, has some sort of condition where she walks funny, I guess? But he said you’re welcome to come see him if you ever get the chance.

Unaware whether this second name might mean something to Amalia, Towhee once again paused to gauge her reaction.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Everyone dreams the words to long-forgotten songs. - by Towhee - March 26, 2024, 10:24 PM