Noctisardor Bypass We hope you enjoyed your stay
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
All Welcome 
@Kigipigak @Keyni Ensio 
@Mahler, open to others too
set for late afternoon on 1/17/22—let me know if i need to change the date or anything else

The journey to Rivenwood had been uneventful, something the Tatkret was immensely thankful for. His anxiety and vigilance knew no end as they traveled. The glacier did not need anymore bad news. He was thankful Kigipigak had joined them; it was nice to have another set of trained eyes to keep to watch out for danger. 

As the group neared the entrance to Rivenwood, Tuulu slowed and motioned for Ensio and Keyni to stay behind him. Then he lifted his head and howled for whoever might be there. He hoped they would find their allies still here and healing and not their attackers camped out. Until he knew for sure, he would continue to be on alert. 

The silence that followed his call was eerie and uncertain.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
OOC: Keeping some minor details vague until further IC progression. <3

Held delicately but firmly between her jaws, was the carefully wrapped medicine bundle that @Lane had arranged for her to carry. Keyni had been sticking close to the area, traveling between the Tagia and the Valley. Her paws were beginning to itch, just as the meager food supply began to dwindle. One fully grown wolf could not survive on small game alone. Very soon, it would be time to leave. But as she had promised Lane and Duskfire, she stayed near to assist in any way she could.

Thank goodness she had. The Tundrian was most troubled by the news that the Glaciers allies in Rivenwood, had been so brutally attacked. How many were injured? What was the extent of the damage? Were they even still alive? She refused to let such thoughts eat away at her focus. She sighed silently to herself, wishing that she had more medical experience. It wasn't her field, even if she had, back in her days at Moonglow, watched Kukutux at work.

Pleased to be temporarily back in the company of Kigipigak, however serious the business, and the brother of Issorartuyok, she would like to think they were well protected. Her rational mind did not work that way. They were but a group of four. Two grown men, herself and a strapping young boy. Who was to say the enemy still wasn't lurking close by? At Tuuluuwaq's signal, she stepped back, but hovered near @Ensio.
Moonglow
Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,221 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kigipigak had been asked to follow the Duskfire wolves to Rivenwood, which he gladly accepted. He told his wife of the plan and promised to be safe - that it would not be a long journey - and was off.

Knowing what Heda had expressed, and having learned of Druid's injuries, as well as the accompaniment of medicine, he kept an eye out along the way for dangers.

The last thing anyone wanted was for the raiders to return or, to turn their sights north to the village. Kigipigak kept close to the others for the most part - only ranging to look along their path and double back, until they reached the outskirts of Mahler's land.
206 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Ensio followed the adults closely throughout the trip. He didn't know what to expect when they got there. He stayed to the back, icy eyes flicking occasionally to the two lesser known adults. There was a tension in the air, and it fed to him. He was alert, watchful. He kept checking their surroundings, as if suspicious of a nasty surprise. His inner guardian compelled him to branch off and check the immediate area. But he was still a child. Tuuluuwaq and Issorartuyok would not approve if he returned injured. Or worse went missing and did not return at all. So he waited, peering ahead intently while the Tatkret released his summons.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
list of injuries: slash across chest, large wound high on neck, right under left ear, tearing lower on that side, closer to his shoulder, foreleg sprained, assorted cuts and bruises

the boy apprentice, gone.
rivenwood, shattered. 
indra was gone and he had not seen abel. how many days had gone by? blood stiffened his wounds and wound his muscles into bitter agony. 
the bypass reeked of failure: of his own.
phaedra had come back; there was this at least, though she remained solemn and aloof and thankfully unscathed. when the howl rose over the quiet woodland the man did not want to answer. but half-limp, half-march he did, until the welcome fragrance of duskfire greeted him.
the graf stood before the man he did not know, the woman he had not met, and the boy who was unknown yet familiar. kigipigak was given an empty look, though in truth mahler was thankful for his presence.
"it was ursus. they raided us to settle an old score with one of my own."
mahler suddenly sagged helplessly to the earth, snorting angrily at his own weakness as he lowered to a sitting position. "laurel is vorst off," he murmured, glancing to the bundle of medicine that the wolfess had brought. "my pharmacy too is at your disposal."
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
The man who greeted them looked to be barely able to stand, let alone meet them at the border. He was covered in wounds, one especially bad one on his neck that looked really painful. Tuulu instantly felt guilty for disturbing his rest, but they had important things to discuss. The tatkret would not keep him here any longer than necessary. 

I am Tuuluuwaq from Duskfire Glacier, he started. These are my packmates Keyni and Ensio. He lifted his muzzle to each as he spoke their name, then he motioned towards his friend. And this is Kigipigak, close friend and ally to the pack. He was unaware that two already knew each other. We are very sorry for what you and your pack have gone through.

One of your young ones, Druid, is with us at the glacier. She was badly injured when she found us. She said the same as you, but she did not know the name of the attackers. His expression was one of concern and empathy. Lane has sent us to check on Rivenwood and offer aid if needed. He looked at the medicine pouch. She also sent medicine in case you need more. None of us is a healer, but I help Lane sometimes and can follow directions if you need help with treating the injured. He was sure the others would gladly help as well. 

He waited quietly for anyone to add to what he said and for the Rivenwood wolf to tell them what he needed.
Moonglow
Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,221 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Mahler arrived, looking haggard, bloody, defeated. It was not the way Kigipigak expected him to be - not the noble, strong man who helmed the Rivenwood village.

Tuuluuwaq spoke up and explained what the group was doing there, and when the time came to introduce himself, Kigipigak let out a dismissive breath. He waited until the words were done and advanced towards his friend.

Let us stay and fortify your village. We will hunt for you too, so that you may rest. It was a lot to ask from someone in a high position, even if they were injured, or a friend. Some men did not take kindly to the aid of others. Kigipigak believed Mahler to be different.

This was necessary. I will do a sweep now. Which direction did they come from? He turned away as he asked this, looking back the way they had come themselves as a group, and then to Mahler expectantly; burning for combat.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
The man who emerged to greet them was a shocking sight. Horribly injured, posture weak and low with failure. Her breath hitched softly. There was another, with injuries more grave than his own. Dark tipped ears splayed, then she gently nudged the medicine bundle forwards. "Our deepest condolences..." She dipped her head, voice soft.

"How many others are injured?" She inquired softly. If they had a number of the wounded, perhaps they could divide their time in treating them. She was happy Tuuluuwaq explained none of them were qualified healers, but she was willing to assist if given directions. Or, she could take the job of hunting them down a meal. Tuuluuwaq was in charge here, in her eyes. She'd let him make the call.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
i think it is my turn please kick me if not! <3

tuuluuwaq. keyni. ensio. mahler nodded, feeling the flesh and fur pull painfully across his wounds. "they came from the south and headed along the lagoon. we fought near one of the forests toward the eastern borders." a breath, amethyst eyes shifting to keyni.
"myself and laurel were hurt the most. vylla, my mate, vas relatively unscathed."
druid.
mahler took a breath. "her mother vill be very glad to hear that. she and druid's sister hid during the raid." and for this he was grateful. the man gave a belated nod toward kigipigak and stood heavily to his paws. "i vill take you to laurel. both of her children vere — taken by ursus." he looked at tuuluuwaq and then turned away with a lurching limp.
he would lead those who followed to the pharmacy, indicating the carefully wrapped bundles of herbs that he had kept stored through the seasons. "i am a healer," he said softly. 
laurel lay on the floor of the den. mahler showed where he had struggled with her poultices, tending her when he was too weak to hardly stand.
206 Posts
Ooc — Mai
He drew in a sharp, stiff breath. According to the dark grizzled man, only he and another female were terribly wounded. He nodded firmly, to declare that Druid was indeed safe back at the Glacier. All while not knowing that she had slipped off on her own.

What troubled him the most was hearing that this enemy pack, Ursus, had made off with the children of the one named Laurel. His icy eyes sharpened, hackles prickling at the mere thought of such a thing. He looked off after Kigipigak, very much compelled to follow and even hunt down those monsters. 

Instead he reeled in his anger and faced Rivenwood's patriarch with a breath. "I'm a decent enough hunter." He looked to Tuuluuwaq. "With your permission, I'll go and round something up while you and Keyni follow him." He might still be a kid, but he wanted to at least do something.
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
He watched Kigipigak turn and leave to do a sweep. He thought that was a good idea, and hopefully it would give the Rivenwood wolves some peace of mind. 

He knew Keyni could help them with the healing portion, though she was not one by trade, he knew she was able to follow instructions just as well as anyone else there. 

When Mahler spoke again, he explained that his packmate was badly injured. This same packmate's children had her children stolen by Ursus. It was grim news. To lose children in that way must be more than anyone could bear. He felt a deep sadness for this man's pack, especially for the mother who was without her pups. 

They would do anything they could to help. 

Ensio offered to hunt, and Tuulu thought that was a good idea. He turned to Mhaler first before responding. I am sorry to hear of your lost children and your injured packmate. He motioned to Keyni. I will send Keyni with you to help you tend to Laurel and yourself, he said first. Kigipigak was already patrolling. I will help Ensio hunt food to last you until you are able to hunt for yourselves. He turned to his young mentee. We will catch bigger prey if we work together.

He waited to leave just yet, in case there was more to say from the others or Mahler had more requests.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Her throat tightened. Only he and another woman by the name of Laurel were the most severely injured. And he was a healer as well. What bothered her was to hear the children of Laurel were taken hostage. It was this, in one of these rare moments, that her hackles spiked. She fought back a growl of disdain. 

Under Tuuluuwaq's advice, she was to accompany Mahler and tend to the wounded. They would take care of the hunting. Her mouth dry, she was still at a loss for words. She nodded mutely to them both, visibly unsettled. Gently, she scooped up the bundle and followed Mahler to the pharmacy. Along the way, all she could manage was "I can't imagine the anguish you are going through. It sickens me, what they did." There, under his guidance she would begin the delicate process of assisting him with mending the wounded. She did not know these wolves, but besides the fact, she would support them quietly as best as she could.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
last for me! <3

mahler accepted all this with a nod.
keyni worked beside him.
the gargoyle did not have a word to say. he was grateful for the efforts of the duskfire wolves; he felt beholden to them as well, for he had never contributed half so much and been treated now twice by their healers.
the cough clawed at him. he ought to be grateful for kigipigak and for all of them.
but all he could think of was his own failings.