Northstar Vale mindless
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
All Welcome 
finally it seemed he slipped out of the haze of @Towhee — only to come to realize how much he hated the waiting part of things. he did not think that they hadn't been successful, but it was hard to be certain so very very soon!

not to mention he still kept close his worries on a repeat of last year.

but he did his best to remind himself that everything would be fine. that epoch was arguably the best place to be for more children, for a pregnant towhee.

still he mindlessly paced the field next to the lotus spring. a path carved in the snow of his weaving.

learing ptero from towhee. words that are signed will be portrayed -like this-
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She was never far from Maxim these days. Towhee stood on the far side of the field, staring up at an empty bird’s nest in the crook of a bare bough, wondering if it belonged to the wren she’d spotted the other day. But nobody was home now, so she swiveled and grinned at her mate’s approach.

She was no longer in season, though that didn’t mean she didn’t feel flirtatious. Towhee romped toward him, bumping his cheek with her nose and sticking her tongue in his ear for fun. She then backed up half a step and somewhat abruptly dropped to her haunches, then collapsed backward into the snow.

It felt good on her scars, especially after all the friction lately. Towhee guffawed to herself as she writhed around in the cold white powder, motioning for Maxim to join her.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
oh my goshhh that new towhee av!!! stunning <3

it was for the best that she arrived. otherwise he might have been inclined to walk until he practically plowed into the earth. every bump and jostle he returned. hardly mindful of being careful now after a whole week had been spent literally attached at the hips.

so while she writhed on her back in the snow, he flopped down on his side along her. legs stretched into the air.

-do you know yet?-

the look upon his powdered face suggested he knew full and well he was being obnoxious, overdramatic and most importantly of all — joking.

kind of.

Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Thank you! It’s actually an older piece I recycled because it’s so pretty. :)

He flopped down beside her, where he belonged. Towhee grinned to herself and laid still, relaxing on her back with her forelegs crooked over the slope of her chest. She let her hind legs splay open, mindless of what exactly she was putting on display.

She turned her head sideways when she caught the movement of Maxim’s forelegs. Rather than answer him, she rolled toward him and reached out a paw to dust some snow off the bridge of his swarthy muzzle. Towhee then booped him for good measure.

It’s too early, she eventually said. Speaking of which, I thought I smelled Tamar…? Did she go too? It really is this place.

Having had some time to reflect, Towhee realized all of her heats had come relatively early in the year, save last year’s. And there was good reason for that outlier: she had been transient for a while there. She wondered by which criteria her body timed it, though doubtless it would remain a mystery.

Resurfacing from her thoughts, Towhee reassured, Maybe in another two weeks or so, I’ll start seeing the signs.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
his face wrinkled and lips turned into a lopsided smile as she brushed and booped him. the little things to remind him of how much he truly loved her. and she him.

i do not know. he admitted. i have focused only upon your smells. a little wiggle of his brows for good measure, along with the reminder of how much time he had spent slowly absorbing towhee's personality.

may you get morning sickness on me, then we will celebrate!

he laughed, disgusted with himself at the very thought!

how many do you hope for this year?

Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She knew he was only kidding around, though Towhee thoughtfully mentioned, I can’t remember if I get morning sickness, and shook her head. Pregnancy brain is weird.

Towhee rolled over and pushed into a sit, stretching her back. She felt a couple satisfying pops and the familiar tug of the scar tissue along her spine. It didn’t really bother her.

I’d be happy with one or two, she replied to his question, but what about you? What are your secret hopes and dreams for our next batch of crotch fruit?

483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
one or two. it was a very good, reasonable number. one that maxim had logically agreed with himself not so long ago. only now as he lived in the haziest of love, he had a much grander answer to give!

five. ten. maybe a hundred? his gravity-pulled grin never left him. a hundred loved crotch fruits to teach and let run wild through epoch. i think it will be good, no?

his tail kicked up some of the snow beneath him as he stayed along the ground, peering up at her. hopelessly in love.

Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
How many times had she heard this joke play out over the years? Nonetheless, Towhee gazed down at him fondly. This was only his second rodeo. Let the guy enjoy his outrageous expectations. It was all hyperbole anyhow.

I’ll allow it, she replied with a smirk, but maybe let’s pace ourselves. We have so many seasons left after this one, so we can spread them out a bit, right?

(If her little voice of pessimism had anything to say about it, Towhee turned a deaf ear to it.)

Hey, look, Towhee said suddenly, pointing upward at a wren winging past. Pretty sure it’s the wren, she mused mostly to herself, though for Maxim’s benefit, she explained, I saw it the other day. Made me think of my old friend, Wraen, and reminded me that I never got around to naming a landmark after her…

483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
you are right. fifty this year, fifty next year. he huffed with amusement as he promptly rolled back over onto his paws. then stood to stretch out.

a soft yawn, one eye closed but the other remained open as towhee instructed him to look.

he thought he had recognized the bird around here. for this area he tracked most often, but towhee seemed to hold a special kind of sentiment about it. his face morphed from its playful look to one a bit softer. still warm despite a possible somber topic.

why not here then? and when i track i will know where to look for your wren in this special place.

Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The bird quickly disappeared into the distance, though Towhee had a feeling she would see it again. Perhaps the nearby nest belonged to it, she mused again.

Her eyes dropped to Maxim’s lips as he suggested naming this place after her dearly departed friend. She looked around, mouth twisting thoughtfully. She supposed Wraen might have liked this place, though Towhee had a feeling it would be a lot more splendid in spring.

Yeah. I think I’m gonna call it Wraen’s Nest, she said, pointing toward the western edge of the field. There’s a nest that-a-way, wonder if it’ll be full of chicks soon too, Towhee mused, patting at her currently flat tum with a click of her tongue.

This conversation made her think of something and she flopped down beside Maxim again to ask, Speaking of naming things, do you have any names in mind? Let’s not forget to give them second names this time! she urged, slapping playfully at his ribs.

483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
he would be vigilant upon watching the nest in this place.

when he was not being vigilant upon watching towhee! he could take comfort in knowing that when they were certain she was pregnant, he would not be neglecting a multitude of duties by doting upon her.

ah-ha! i have stored a many names, i will have you know. he laughed warmly. softly leaned into her after she slapped at him. even if he had to crane his neck so that she might still read his lips. would you like to hear the boys or the girls first?

Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Yes, she said, just to be contrarian.

But before Maxim could reveal his stash of monikers, a movement on the north side of the field drew her attention. Towhee sat up hastily, her guardian’s heart thumping. The rapid beat calmed in a gusting exhale as she began to laugh.

Check it out, she said to her mate as she stared at the bumbling porcupine.

483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
his mouth had only just opened as it clamped firmly shut. eyes fixed to look at the porcupine that towhee pointed out. maxim squinted softly. at her, then at the porcupine.

do you find the trail of porcupines more exciting than names?

but he supposed that as a future tracker, it should indeed be his job to keep an eye on these things. he just had hoped it would not overflow into his more sensitive time with towhee.

Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Pfft, came Towhee’s reply. No, he just surprised me. I’m not going anywhere near him. I don’t feel like getting jabbed today, she said, settling back down in the snow beside Maxim.

Tell me, she coaxed, nipping at his nose.

483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
she nipped and he reached to pull her close for a moment. loosening his grip up only so that he might allow her to read his lips as he spoke.

nikola and roman for boys. katya and nonna for girls. they are strong family names! but there is one more i have been thinking on, dear to me, that would be good for any strong ones.

but, of course, he wanted to be asked!

Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He grabbed at her and Towhee snuffled against his ruff. She’d been born deaf, so she never missed being able to hear. But as she pressed her face into the fuzzy heat of Maxim’s neck, she wondered what it would be like to just stay there while he spoke and still be able to understand.

Sighing, they pulled apart. Maxim’s ideas quickly distracted her and she smiled. She was partial to Nikola and Katya, though she didn’t say so. He mentioned another name, one he liked in particular, which might fit a strong child.

All our children are stronk! Towhee said with playful indignation. What is this name? she demanded.

483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
then it will be for the one who falls into mud first, next time! he boomed with laughter. a soft, warm vibration in his chest.

it is sasha. i will give it to any.

his gaze was warm, loving, welcoming. all fixed upon towhee's glowing features.

Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It took her a moment to understand the reference. She huffed a laugh, thinking about that eventful birthing. That entire week would always be memorable, for good and bad reasons alike.

Sasha, she repeated, eyes twinkling right back at him, we should give it to them all.

483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
could be a fade but never has to be <33

and when we call sasha they might all come running!

yet he saw no fault in this, by being greeted with all of their children all at once. he could easily recall the early days of long work and coming home to the baby teeth of leo, of jack.

it is not so bad an idea, hm?

but he sought to speak no more for a little while, unless they must. he wished to pepper her in kisses and hold her close.