Hushed Willows You Climb Those HIlls
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
All Welcome 
Etienne had begun to hear sounds from their hollow. Far away not to be worried. But they had peaked his interest in a lot of ways. And he being the wolf that he was one day decided to go towards them. In his maw he carried a fur of fox and small offerings of friendship.

He had to travel half the day before he found himself ensconced underneath willows. A small smile as he traced over the tendrils of fingers that hung form the fringes of the trees like hair.

Then he was smacked in the face with scents of others and he stopped so that he wouldn't pass borders. 

He lifted a small howl in inquiry.

Just Etienne meeting people and neighbors
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,417 Posts
Ooc — xynien
A howl at their borders. Reverie parted from her husband's side at once, leaving him with a kiss to his cheek and a promise to return. The voice was unfamiliar to her, but she was not afraid. Hearthwood had grown larger than she ever could have imagined.

The man she found was pretty enough, carrying a fox fur not unlike the one she wore upon her back. Reverie adjusted the fur across her own shoulders, shivering, and went to greet him. Hello. I'm Reverie, and this is Hearthwood, She offered a gentle smile. His masked features were striking. What can I do for you?
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
The wolf that came upon him was sunshine incarnate. He had to blink for a moment unsure. Her fur was a different color than he was used too. But he had no room to speak. Look at him mr. two tone himself.

'ello I be Etienne of de 'ollow. I wanted to introduce myself and meet our neig'bors. 'ere.

He pressed the items forward. Gifts. Fox fur, Sage, Rosemary, Yarrow.

He tilted his head unsure how much to share. Myself and a young man named Anselm are settled in de 'ollow. It was w'ere 'is family was. We don't 'ave large numbers, but I believe 'is plan is to rebuild.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,417 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie abruptly felt dizzy. She blinked once and slowly lowered herself to a sitting position, fighting to keep her focus on Etienne and his words. The way he spoke was strange, but beautiful; she'd never heard anything like it.

Oh, thank you, She said softly when he presented the gifts he'd brought. Her paws trembled slightly as she accepted them. Her stomach churned. Where is um - where is the hollow? Somewhere in the mountains, she assumed. Anselm and Etienne; a pair of bachelors. She would have to relay this to Boone, who she felt would be better suited to handling this.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
He saw her blink and frowned. You be okay miss Reverie?

He wanted to lean forward. Help her. But it was not his land or his pack. So instead he simply waited unsure.

it be dat way a little time. Smell like de foxes. You surd uou okay miss?

He wanted to help so badly.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,417 Posts
Ooc — xynien
She nodded slowly, fighting a wave of nausea now — but Reverie could only hold the facade for a few more moments. She stood shakily and scrambled back several steps before her stomach flipped and she vomited bile into the snow. Her heartbeat was loud in her ears. Heat immediately washed over her cheeks, the shame of the moment registering before anything else.

I'm sorry, Reverie choked out, eyes stinging with tears. She wiped her mouth furiously. I - it's just - pregnancy. Her ears fell flat as she made the admission. She kicked snow over the bile, still shaky on her paws, and the movement sent her stumbling back into a sit.

It - it's very kind of you to bring gifts. Would you like to stay for the night, Etienne? She invited next, an awkward attempt at recovering from the shameful moment. But she still felt sick. She needed to lie down, she thought, but how could she? There was so much that required her attention.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Etienne didn't even shift. Being a healer he was growing accustomed to all manner of bodily functions.

Eti smiled easily. No need to apologize. It 'appens.

She wasn't having an easy go of it it didn't seem, but he wanted to help. He wondered how he could.

I'll stay, but only if you allow me to 'elp you with w'at you need? I can 'unt, dig cac'es w'atever it is your psck needs for today. And as long as you rest. You be growin' babies. Super 'ero status of you ask me and you deserve a rest.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,417 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Super hero status. Why couldn't Boone feel that way?

Reverie pushed that thought away and tried to only be grateful for Etienne's insistent kindness. She blinked back another onslaught of tears, this time a mix of relief and gratitude. There were others who would help her, surely, but she was unwilling to ask this of her subordinates; her responsibility was to them, and she hoped to never reverse that role.

I would appreciate that, She murmured. Normally Reverie might have met his insistence with her own, that he be treated as the guest he was, but Etienne spoke with a gentle firmness that reminded her so much of the healers she'd seen throughout her life; it was easy to cave to it. And she did need the help, truly.

Reverie was about to gather up the gifts and beckon for Etienne to follow her, but pain abruptly lanced through her abdomen. She cried out, falling back into the snow as quickly as she'd risen. Bile rose in her throat. No, not now, not now, not —

Ow, Reverie sobbed, curling in on herself. Another cramp gripped her. It hurt — it hurt so much, why did it hurt so much, why was she —
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
She listened or started to at least. Amd she was willing to accept his help. He felt mother's deserved every kindness when growing babies. Perhaps it was from growing among women.

Suddenly she was down and crying out and Etienne rushed to her side. Not thining of the borders or what it may mean if someone found him around her and her in pain.

She seemed in so much pain. He gently spoke. Miss Reverie who can I call?

He tried to give her space, not overwhelm her. But also help if he could. He had his suspicions, but he didn't know exactly what was happening yet.

May I 'elp you to your den? he didn't want to touch her without permission.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,417 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Sorry for the wait! Is it okay if we wrap this up? <3
I'm sorry, She managed haltingly as Etienne rushed to help her, ears hot with shame even as pain lanced through her. Um - yes, you - you can help me to my den. You don't need to call anyone. There's a - a midwife coming. Soon.

Reverie let out a sharp breath, forcing her paws to steady beneath her. She'd made such a mess of this. It was what she deserved, she supposed, for answering border calls in her state. She should have known better — and now she'd traumatized the poor man.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
765 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
That's fine amd no worries <3

Etienne looked at her with a gentle smile. Though this was horrifying amd hard amd perhaps a bit traumatizing. Frankly he was hwtting used to finding other in pain amd helping them.

O' you need not apologize Miss. Reverie. Dese t'ings 'appen. Let's just get you all comfy and feelin' better. Yea?

He stepped to her side as gently as he could. Offering his own body for her to lean. Would you like me to find some 'erbs or somet'ing. Not much pickin's rite now. But maybe?