Redhawk Caldera I don't understand that reference.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,040 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She saw his ears move as soon as she started growling. It was something Towhee had really begun to notice lately, along with the fact that some of her loved ones often didn't bother signing when they spoke among one another. She still didn't quite know what it all meant—and she had yet to realize she was missing out on anything—but she was a sharp child and a quick learner. There was some sort of cause and effect at work here, Towhee just needed to puzzle out the details.

He was moving his mouth and looking at Raven mostly, though he swiftly lowered to the ground to put himself at the pup's level. This did not affect Towhee in any discernible way, though her eyeball twitched when he yawned. She continued glaring at him until she felt a cool nose press against her cheek. Finally, Towhee tore her eyes off the outsider and peered up at Raven.

"He's a friend," Raven said out loud, simultaneously making the signs. "Won't you say hello?" Towhee gazed back at the caregiver with a little bit of an incredulous look on her face, then shook her head, slowly at first and then so rapidly that her over-sized ears flapped against her skull.

Facing Birk again, Towhee signed, -No, not my friend.- She leered at the white wolf, unaware that he wouldn't know how to understand or make the signs Towhee utilized to communicate with her family. When she did put two and two together, it wouldn't bode well for her already low opinion of this trespasser.

"She's pretty good at reading lips and she uses signs to communicate," Raven explained over the belligerent child's head. "If you go like this," she added, showing Birk the sign for "hello," "she might open up." Keyword: might.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
I don't understand that reference. - by Towhee - March 07, 2017, 01:33 PM
RE: I don't understand that reference. - by Birk - March 10, 2017, 08:58 AM
RE: I don't understand that reference. - by Towhee - March 10, 2017, 09:23 AM
RE: I don't understand that reference. - by Birk - March 10, 2017, 12:50 PM
RE: I don't understand that reference. - by Towhee - March 10, 2017, 02:09 PM
RE: I don't understand that reference. - by Birk - March 12, 2017, 08:19 AM
RE: I don't understand that reference. - by Towhee - March 12, 2017, 08:48 PM
RE: I don't understand that reference. - by Birk - March 18, 2017, 12:25 PM
RE: I don't understand that reference. - by Towhee - March 20, 2017, 11:13 AM
RE: I don't understand that reference. - by Birk - April 01, 2017, 02:55 PM