Hideaway Strath If I look back, I am lost.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
I'll set this on 6/8.

There was a saying: "love is blind." Towhee's singular love for her brother and their children had given her tunnel vision. In the days following their departure from the Redhawks, she grappled with anxieties, misgivings, nightmares and regrets; aside from the joy she took in her little family's company, there was nary a hint of excitement or joy about this new venture. She felt absolutely ill with it.

But what choice did she have but to shove it all behind her, forcefully, and move on along the path she had chosen, however blindly? By rote, she performed the duties expected of her as a founding member of this new pack. Any time her thoughts drifted back to the plateau or she was reminded of her emotional pain via the much more corporeal soreness of her aching shoulder, Towhee did whatever she could to blank it out.

She had very little control over her dreams, however, and if she had been a human, she would've woken in a cold sweat. As it were, Towhee startled awake in the darkness of unfamiliar surroundings, mouth sour as images of Tegan's silent screaming faded into the ether. She lurched to her feet and began to stagger through the wood, wondering, Is this what it's like for Fen? Her bad shoulder scraped against a tree and Towhee hissed, halted by the pain of it.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
If I look back, I am lost. - by Towhee - June 05, 2019, 02:22 PM
RE: If I look back, I am lost. - by Phox - June 05, 2019, 02:46 PM
RE: If I look back, I am lost. - by Towhee - June 05, 2019, 02:58 PM
RE: If I look back, I am lost. - by Phox - June 05, 2019, 03:03 PM
RE: If I look back, I am lost. - by Towhee - June 05, 2019, 03:10 PM
RE: If I look back, I am lost. - by Phox - June 05, 2019, 04:00 PM
RE: If I look back, I am lost. - by Towhee - June 05, 2019, 07:29 PM
RE: If I look back, I am lost. - by Phox - June 06, 2019, 09:55 AM
RE: If I look back, I am lost. - by Towhee - June 06, 2019, 10:39 AM
RE: If I look back, I am lost. - by Phox - June 06, 2019, 12:26 PM
RE: If I look back, I am lost. - by Towhee - June 06, 2019, 12:34 PM