Hideaway Strath One in the chamber, blood in the water, my love
Sun Mote Copse
Rover
5,047 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Patrolling just wasn't enough to keep her mind off matters; in fact, the largely uneventful circuits gave her far too much time to get lost inside her own head. When Towhee stumbled across the Sovereign's scent trail departing from the copse, she seized the opportunity for a better distraction. Towhee hadn't forgotten Wraen's invitation to check the grove's perimeters for any sign of their wayward brethren. If she caught up to her there, she would let the leader know she was ready.

But when she reached the foot of the broken wall, Towhee stopped and licked her lips nervously. She kept taking abortive footsteps forward, only to freeze again. Every one of her instincts screamed against climbing back into the hideaway. Eventually, she turned away, hissing out a bitter sigh as she closed her eyes. She couldn't bring herself to go in there, though she could wait until Wraen reemerged, see if she'd found anything and wanted to resume the search around the exterior.

She retreated toward the nearest bend in the river. Towhee intended to sit but found herself too restless. Instead, she began to pace to and fro, keeping her attention on the pass's jagged, rocky mouth, bright eyes peeled for any sign of the Sovereign.

Feel free to skip me until they come out of the grove. :)
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
One in the chamber, blood in the water, my love - by Ephraim - November 23, 2019, 08:36 AM
RE: One in the chamber, blood in the water, my love - by Towhee - November 25, 2019, 03:05 PM