Redhawk Caldera Magic is costly. You take what you didn't earn, but you pay for it.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She didn't hear the call, though Towhee was finally back to full strength and had resumed her usual patrolling routine, keeping her eyes peeled for any signs of all the prodigal wolves expected at the caldera's borders at any given time. By a stroke of (mis)fortune, she happened to catch sight of Reyes a few moments after his howl. She paused for an instant, swallowing, then closed the distance at a steady clip.

Her posture demanded submission as she ground to a halt a few yards from him, though there was nothing outwardly aggressive about her demeanor otherwise. She held her head stiffly, ears erect, and her tail remained rigidly swooped over her back. Towhee said nothing, orange eyes boring into him, sure he had something to say, though she was certain of little else.

Quite frankly, Towhee didn't know what to think of Reyes or this situation anymore. The image of him attacking Caracal had burned itself into her mind's eye, yet nobody else seemed to take it seriously at all. Their opinions had begun to seep into hers, making Towhee doubt her own mind. She also knew how much the kids missed their dad. And the down time following the snakebite had further muddled it all.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Magic is costly. You take what you didn't earn, but you pay for it. - by Towhee - August 11, 2021, 02:29 PM