Redhawk Caldera Stuck in '93.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Both mother and son waited expectantly. Out of the corner of her eye, Towhee saw Caracal open his mouth to say something and she shot him a look, shaking her head. He froze with his mouth ajar, then clapped it shut, shifting to stand shoulder to shoulder with his mother as they gave Alyx a silent audience. The corner of the Sovereign's mouth twitched into a smile and she nodded approvingly, even as she kept her focus on the yearling.

Her heart squeezed painfully when Alyx mentioned searching for Niamh. Her lips parted but the girl wasn't done speaking yet. The mention of Bat and Tegan made Towhee's brows raise. All she could manage was a nod. She felt such a mix of emotions at hearing the latter's name, though much of the bitterness had faded in time. She wondered if she'd ever get to see him again, or if the last time was the last time. That would be a tragedy, considering how tight they'd been once, but wasn't that all really par for the course in her life?

She drew in a breath, focusing on the rest of Alyx's words. They actually stoked a vague memory. Hadn't Towhee once wondered if Alyx or Quetzal might make good leaders someday? She was pretty sure she'd entertained the thought, though obviously there hadn't been a chance to pursue it any further than that. But Alyx was here now, clearly seeking guidance of some sort, which reminded her of a conversation she'd had with Figment once upon a time.

-"You should stay a while, I could counsel you,"- the Sovereign suggested. It was a bit selfish but also genuine. -"And also because... Alyx, I'm really sorry to tell you this,"- Towhee said, shifting her weight and feeling her breath catch around a lump in her throat. -"But your mother died earlier this year, while giving birth to your younger siblings. They're alive and with your dad."- And, oh, there was so much more to the story she would tell Alyx if she wanted to hear it, though Towhee stopped there and held her breath, giving her space to process the news.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Stuck in '93. - by Towhee - August 05, 2021, 07:18 PM
RE: Stuck in '93. - by Alyx - August 07, 2021, 02:30 AM
RE: Stuck in '93. - by Towhee - August 07, 2021, 01:11 PM
RE: Stuck in '93. - by Alyx - August 25, 2021, 03:38 PM
RE: Stuck in '93. - by Towhee - August 26, 2021, 09:51 AM
RE: Stuck in '93. - by Alyx - August 26, 2021, 06:11 PM
RE: Stuck in '93. - by Towhee - August 26, 2021, 08:40 PM
RE: Stuck in '93. - by Alyx - August 30, 2021, 07:16 PM
RE: Stuck in '93. - by Towhee - August 30, 2021, 07:34 PM
RE: Stuck in '93. - by Alyx - August 31, 2021, 03:20 AM
RE: Stuck in '93. - by Towhee - August 31, 2021, 09:41 AM