Redhawk Caldera shine on, you crazy diamond
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,029 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
None of the children spoke. At least, she didn't see any of their mouths move. Towhee drew in a breath, reminding herself that this entire situation must be such a mindfuck for these kids. If they didn't look particularly thrilled, she couldn't blame them. But she knew she would do whatever she could to make sure they felt at home here, even if that included harboring her sworn enemy too.

Even if she hadn't felt exactly the same way as Phox about prioritizing the pups' well-being, she would've deferred to him on this. Maegi made all the introductions and then Phox spoke, the Sovereign merely nodding. Although it wouldn't erase their sins—including keeping the truth from Phox for so long—she knew Maegi and Mou were the reason these children were alive at all.

-"Of course it's okay,"- she said. She paused while Phox turned to the boy whose markings candidly resembled her very own. Her stomach did a strange roll, though Towhee ignored it. She nodded again, smiling as she prepared to fall into step with her brother and his son.

Before they left, Towhee made sure to look to the others. "Welcome to Redhawk Caldera." It was hard to look at Maegi or Mou for too long, so her eyes lingered on the two little girls, particularly the darker one. These words were more for them anyway. "Make yourselves at home."
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
shine on, you crazy diamond - by Maegi - August 23, 2021, 12:27 PM
RE: shine on, you crazy diamond - by Towhee - August 26, 2021, 04:37 PM
RE: shine on, you crazy diamond - by Maegi - August 29, 2021, 12:09 AM
RE: shine on, you crazy diamond - by Phox - August 29, 2021, 01:25 PM
RE: shine on, you crazy diamond - by Towhee - August 29, 2021, 01:47 PM
RE: shine on, you crazy diamond - by Vesper - August 29, 2021, 02:18 PM
RE: shine on, you crazy diamond - by Manea - August 30, 2021, 08:13 PM
RE: shine on, you crazy diamond - by Maegi - September 01, 2021, 07:10 PM
RE: shine on, you crazy diamond - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 02, 2021, 12:42 PM
RE: shine on, you crazy diamond - by Phox - September 02, 2021, 12:57 PM
RE: shine on, you crazy diamond - by Towhee - September 02, 2021, 01:26 PM
RE: shine on, you crazy diamond - by Vesper - September 02, 2021, 02:14 PM