Redhawk Caldera Hotdog.jpg.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee didn't say anything to the offhanded remark about the mesa. She stayed absolutely silent through the rest of what Fennec had to say too, though her thoughts were quite loud. She made herself focus and really weigh her daughter's words. Even when Fen's lips stopped moving, the Sovereign didn't speak right away.

She couldn't help it: she thought of Reyes. What if he'd been through something terrible, like Bronco, and his reactivity had been the the symptom of trauma? She couldn't be sure and it didn't matter now, though she knew a bit more about Bronco's situation. She felt for the guy. All the same, she couldn't help but wonder if he was a wildcard now too and if perhaps Fennec and Killdeer might be better off keeping their distance...

Towhee felt terrible for even thinking it and Fennec might very well eat her face if she voiced it. She hadn't exactly been thrilled with how Towhee had handled Reyes, after all. But much as she cared for her son-in-law, the Sovereign cared more for her daughter and grandson. They were her priority. It was as uncharitable as it was truthful.

"I don't think you're a terrible person any more than I think Bronco deserved what happened to him," she said slowly, "but you have to look out for yourself and Killer. I'm not talking about physical safety," Towhee clarified, eyes cutting searchingly over Fen's face because she did wonder about that, "but what toll is this taking on the two of you?"

She let that question hang a moment before adding, "We've all been trying to support him but it's not working. Right? I don't want to tell you to kick him to the curb or anything but maybe Bronco needs more help than we can possibly provide here. Maybe we're all too close to it." Towhee paused. "Maybe we should send him to Raven?"
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Hotdog.jpg. - by Towhee - October 19, 2021, 12:58 PM
RE: Hotdog.jpg. - by Fennec - October 20, 2021, 01:38 AM
RE: Hotdog.jpg. - by Towhee - October 20, 2021, 09:04 AM
RE: Hotdog.jpg. - by Fennec - October 20, 2021, 09:38 PM
RE: Hotdog.jpg. - by Towhee - October 21, 2021, 09:52 AM
RE: Hotdog.jpg. - by Fennec - October 21, 2021, 11:58 AM
RE: Hotdog.jpg. - by Towhee - October 21, 2021, 12:46 PM
RE: Hotdog.jpg. - by Fennec - October 21, 2021, 01:35 PM
RE: Hotdog.jpg. - by Towhee - October 21, 2021, 01:49 PM
RE: Hotdog.jpg. - by Fennec - November 15, 2021, 11:51 AM
RE: Hotdog.jpg. - by Towhee - November 15, 2021, 11:58 AM