Ouroboros Spine Oh, this glorious sadness that brings me to my knees.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Although it was just a story to Towhee, she drank in every word Kukutux shared about the spirit called Tootega. She wished she could make herself believe, because the thought of being looked after by a benevolent old lady was kind of nice (if a tiny bit creepy).

It was really the mention of songs that caught Towhee’s attention. It was so hard for her to conceptualize such things, though after living nearly seven years, she had a decent grasp on what singing meant. It was like howling, only more of an emotional display than a method of passing information.

Being swallowed didn’t sound like much fun to Towhee, though she supposed the dancing lights were similar to heaven. Did the dead still exist on some other plane? Was there some sort of afterlife? Would she be reunited with all her lost loved ones after death? It was a pretty thought, though Towhee sighed, remaining dismally secular.

Then again, on days like this, Towhee thought there was merit to the idea of total oblivion. Nonexistence sounded pretty great in comparison to the constant strife of existence. But she would never forget that even during the hardest times, there was always something worth living for, things she wouldn’t want to miss unless she had no choice.

For now, she did have a choice. “I go on.”

Thank you, Kukutux, Towhee said on a quiet exhale.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Oh, this glorious sadness that brings me to my knees. - by Towhee - October 19, 2023, 10:58 AM