Shadewood ulu ⚯
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,144 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
cry did not eat first; he spoke with weight to his tones, a care that brought kukutux' head up to regard him as he moved through his missive. and while the girl kept her features impassive, not wanting to show cry the relief and the glee that passed across her soul as his words sounded, she straightened before the man.

his fear was understandable, and it was a source of silent, brief amusement. not for gwen's misfortune, of course. but this was the reason that a man might take more than one wife. his love could not keep away the call of the dancing lights, to where all wolves must go when their seasons had ended. where her people had gone. could not cry see the benefit in it now?

and it was no small feat to announce the taking of another wife. there was a price to be paid, arrangements to be had. resentment could spark a wildfire of hatred within a man's household. and while the assumption, while the hope, was that the three of them could one day live in contentment, kukutux was not so young as to believe that was always the case.

her lush gaze traced the handsome swarthiness of cry's features as he ended what it was he had to say, with a question. and while it was not seemly for a man to ask such of a woman, kukutux had heard him accept her offer. at least for now. conditionally ugix.

"i would be second wife. second to her, to her wants. what work she does not want to do, i would do. what tasks she laid for me, i would keep," the duck began softly, explaining the role she would take beneath cry's roof. "she is the woman of your ... chest," she stumbled, crimson flaring beneath her cheeks as she realized she did not know the word for 'heart' in his tongue. "i would not expect that of you. you would give us both children. i would have your protection."

such an odd thing, to discuss openly with a man! lowering her gaze now, the girl sought the answer to his question. "you are the husband. i do not need to be involved in your private decision." marriage of convenience, she supposed, and her soul ached. the one who had stalked seals upon the ice had loved her, but he was gone now. kukutux must carry forth her line, and cry was who she had chosen, even if his spirit had already been tied with that of another.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Messages In This Thread
ulu ⚯ - by Kukutux - January 31, 2019, 02:29 PM
RE: ulu ⚯ - by Cry - January 31, 2019, 05:29 PM
RE: ulu ⚯ - by Kukutux - January 31, 2019, 06:52 PM
RE: ulu ⚯ - by Cry - January 31, 2019, 07:28 PM
RE: ulu ⚯ - by Kukutux - January 31, 2019, 07:49 PM
RE: ulu ⚯ - by Cry - February 02, 2019, 09:25 AM
RE: ulu ⚯ - by Kukutux - February 02, 2019, 02:04 PM
RE: ulu ⚯ - by Cry - February 02, 2019, 06:20 PM
RE: ulu ⚯ - by Kukutux - February 07, 2019, 01:45 PM