Moonglow
Alpha*
3,191 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
Private 
in the soft snow, in the gentle blowing of it, kukutux sought her husband and sat down before him in the way of a woman asking to speak.

moonglow did not need these formalities and now only moonwoman used them. she raised her springjade eyes to him and for a long moment only gazed at his handsome face.

"sialuk walks in a vision. samani has gone to her own hearth as wife. callyope has the want to be spirit-talker. i have only ariadne at my ulaq to help with the work."

but her tone was not sorrowful. she thought long of lote.

"husband. i want a co-wife."

before @Aiolos could speak, the duck raised her small paw to touch his lips. there were still words to say. she spoke on. "i know that she would not share your sleeping place. she could seek another man, if she wished children. but they would be nuiruk."

aiolos had refused before. he could do so again.

but kukutux had been given a vision of her own, and it spoke of cracking ice. of a longer winter. of cubs crying for milk and her own body consumed with agony. she did not know its meaning, only that when she carried her husband's children beneath her heart once more, the lurking spirits would pursue her harder.

aiolos needed another wife. he could not see what she did. he could not see with a woman's eyes. kukutux was quiet and solemn.
Messages In This Thread
kanevvluk ⫔ - by Kukutux - December 21, 2022, 09:14 AM
RE: kanevvluk ⫔ - by Aiolos - December 21, 2022, 11:32 PM
RE: kanevvluk ⫔ - by Kukutux - December 23, 2022, 05:51 PM
RE: kanevvluk ⫔ - by Aiolos - December 24, 2022, 09:16 PM
RE: kanevvluk ⫔ - by Kukutux - December 26, 2022, 01:07 PM
RE: kanevvluk ⫔ - by Aiolos - December 28, 2022, 11:39 AM
RE: kanevvluk ⫔ - by Kukutux - December 28, 2022, 04:58 PM
RE: kanevvluk ⫔ - by Aiolos - December 28, 2022, 05:46 PM
RE: kanevvluk ⫔ - by Kukutux - January 04, 2023, 05:51 PM