Alpha*
3,203 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
amorphous place in timeline <3

always, always, so much to be done.

but nothing in moonglow stood now between moonmother and her step to the ulaq of the ailing star hunter who had kept the village while she had been away.

soft jadestone eyes traveled over the ashen places upon the wondrous pelt; she wanted to weep, and her throat clenched.

for a long moment she remained silent, holding shikoba's paw between her own, thinking of how long they had been companions, been sisters.

"ajei's place at my hearth is forever, anikatiga." 

kukutux did not forget that she had wished to carry on shikoba's ways; her eyes brimmed and she brushed at the falling tears with a small laugh, saying, "if you are not afraid, then i cannot be either!"

her chin trembled.

"tell me first what your people do for a girl who is to become a woman. i will help you do this for ajei." the duck would not even envision that she could do this alone; the girl must have her mother for this. "and i have the want that your way is done for all the next daughters of moonglow," kukutux murmured.

she was hesitant to say the next, and yet, hoarsely; "and then tell to me what your people do for death, and i will do these things for you." did shikoba not wish their death songs? the duck was unoffended; she wished to treasure the ways of her sister, and would put them aside if this was desired. 

but kukutux sought ritual in all things, and so she hoped that the star hunter would want some rite, some word; she felt a chill rush through her at the bleakness of contemplating shikoba's empty place among them, and her eyes heated again with tears.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Messages In This Thread
you are the moon - by Shikoba - March 24, 2024, 07:26 PM
RE: you are the moon - by Kukutux - March 26, 2024, 09:11 PM
RE: you are the moon - by Shikoba - April 07, 2024, 11:40 PM
RE: you are the moon - by Kukutux - April 14, 2024, 01:34 PM
RE: you are the moon - by Shikoba - May 05, 2024, 11:04 PM
RE: you are the moon - by Kukutux - May 14, 2024, 11:25 AM