Redhawk Caldera I told you, he's an angry sleeper.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Towhee woke with a start, blinking sleep from her eyes even as the fur along her spine stood on end. "What the f—" she mumbled, casting her orange gaze about for the source of the disturbance that had roused her. She didn't have to look far. X stood on the ground by her tail, a tuft of fur sticking out of his knife-like beak. "—fuck, X?" she finished, her voice a grumpy grumble now as she yawned in his face and licked her dry lips.

In answer, the hawk quite suddenly spread his wings—Towhee jumped slightly—and flapped them so hard, several nearby leaves fluttered into the air. She felt the sweep of air buffeting her; it ruffled her fur. She blinked, then smiled as she pitched forward onto all fours.

"Is it better?" she queried even as he began to beat them faster. Seconds later, he was lifting off the ground. He didn't go far—he sailed more so than flew—but he landed relatively smoothly about a hundred yards away. When Towhee raced to meet him, she swore there was a proud glint in his eyes.

"You probably gotta work up to it, since you're out of practice," the she-wolf observed aloud, tail twitching. X had folded his wings and tucked them along his back, clearly not intending to repeat the process just now. "Does it still hurt?" she added, though he only blinked up at her and clacked his beak in an unmistakable request for meat.

@Lagan, maybe?! It's all welcome otherwise. :D
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
worlds best dad award winner
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Today Lagan was in the mood for company, not to mention there was a hawk hanging out on the ground which he was extremely curious about. He still kind of wanted to eat it, it made sense to. Winter was coming and the pack would need food. But that was ok, Towhee had named it at this point, so the boy knew he couldn’t get his paws on it even if he tried. He tracked down his black and red sister, weaving through the trees with precision. When he got close enough to hear her, he heard her talking to the hawk. X was his name.

He couldn’t help but laugh a little bit at his sisters conversation with a bird, luckily she couldn’t see him so she wouldn’t know. He then moved to where she could see, and stopped. Hey! Can I come in? He asked jokingly, a smile on his face.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee's out in the open (she doesn't have a den), so I'm going to pretend Lagan meant it jokingly? LOL.

"Later," she replied simply. She didn't have to be told not to pull meat from the caches for him. She would have to hunt him a fresh breakfast, or ask @Phox to assist. X opened and closed his beak a few more times but Towhee only blinked slowly at him. She was growing rather fond of him, yet she wouldn't let herself be bossed around by a needy, demanding bird.

She looked up when she saw movement, lips twitching at the corners at the sight of Lagan. "Sure, though only if you don't make any jokes about eating him," Towhee replied, giving him a (mostly) jokingly stern look. "His wing's getting a lot better," she added, excited to share the news with someone. "He just flew—sorta. Did you see?"
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Lagan snickered at his sister’s words and trotted closer, not worrying about the bird’s personal space. It looked a bit weary and backed up, though Lagan ignored that much. I won’t eat him, not since you went and named it already. He said, flopping down on the ground next to her. Towhee commented on the bird’s health, and asked if Lagan had saw him flying. Uh no, sorry. Good for him though, and you! You might as well be a sitter like me, with your birdsitting talents and whatever. He joked, reaching out a paw to bat at Towhee’s foot.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Lagan hadn't seen, though before Towhee could even consider feeling disappointed about this, he came closer and flopped down, evidently triggering X into taking wing again. This time, he flapped haphazardly toward a nearby tree, making a rather rough landing but managing to grip the bark with his talons and perch successfully.

Her orange eyes had followed him but now Towhee turned to face Lagan with a grin. "Well, there you go. Once he's back in shape, I bet he'll look really majestic." Even as she spoke, he batted at her paw and she playfully bent down to snap at it before suddenly leaping backward out of reach. She glanced at the hawk—he had huddled down on the low branch and was apparently watching the two wolves—and then back at Lagan.

"What're you getting into today?" she wondered casually. She had been spending so much time tending to X lately, she felt out of the loop with even her closest family members and the goings-on of the pack. She hoped Lagan could catch her up a bit.

351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Lagan's attention shifted from his sister back to X when he heard it's wings a flutter. He watched as it 'oh-so-majestically' tumbled towards a tree, flying only a little and managing to perch on a branch. I bet. He replied with a chuckle, Towhee's sense of humor never ceased to make him do so. His attention snapped back to her when he felt her teeth at his paw. It surprised him, but he had it coming, he'd batted her first! Towhee leaped back to evade any retaliation from Lagan, but he was too lazy to do that much. Instead he just starting rolling around on the ground, scratching his back on the dusty dirt.

He didn't stop rolling to answer Tow's next question, Eh, not much. I might go hunting or something. You know, cause of stupid winter. But mostly I just wanted to come hang out with someone, and I assumed you were available. You got any big plans? He replied, rolling now onto his stomach and flopping his head down onto his paws, batting his eyes at Towhee teasingly.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee quirked a brow when Lagan proceeded to roll onto his back and writhe around on the ground, evidently scratching his back. She could see his mouth moving, but due to the overall movement of his body, she didn't have a chance in hell of reading his lips. She rolled her eyes at him, inched closer, then struck out a paw and placed it square on his chest, loosely pinning him.

"Stop moving so I can see what you're saying," Towhee told him, backing off and giving him room as he rolled onto his belly again. She was able to catch the one sentence: "You got any big plans?" She snorted lightly at the way Lagan batted his eyelashes at her.

"No, not really. Now what were you saying?"