Ankyra Sound nobody expects the spanish inquisition
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
All Welcome 
He ran like hell, from that stone circle all the way back to the coast. He barely stopped, only to hydrate and relieve himself; sleep and food could wait (he'd have nightmares about a paralyzed marionette puppy anyway). There was no fucking way he was letting Caiaphas catch him up, nuh uh, nope. Over hill and over dale, he ran, until he smelled salt once more. Even then, he didn't slacken his pace.

Verx could have given Usain Bolt a run for his money as he streaked across the border, already howling for the relevant parties. @Illidan! @Rosalyn! @Erzulie! he called out, voice hoarse and trembling with exhaustion. Those were the only wolves higher in rank than himself; he didn't feel it necessary to shout for anyone else.

Once he'd reached the beach, he skittered to a halt in the sand, taking huge gulps of air, his legs threatening to give way at any moment. Yet he couldn't stay still; he began to pace, wobbly and slow, in circles, waiting for the others to come. There was no time to spare. Blackhead couldn't be allowed back here, not after what he'd seen.

Because if these motherfuckers were gonna just welcome her back with open arms. . .there was no way in hell he was bringing his kids within one hundred miles of that crazy sea witch. No fucking way in hell. He was throwing all his cards on the table, and he was doing it right goddamn now.
Common · Trigedasleng
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
If that wolf was daring to call for her directly, something had to be up.

So far Rosalyn had tolerated Vectoringex's presence here, but she would never forgive what he'd had a hand in bringing about in Drageda, orders or no orders.  He was no packmate and no friend, but a wolf she was forced to tolerate.  She had made this clear in making no attempt to mend their relationship and she figured by his like behavior he got the message.

That was why this summons caused her hackles to immediately rise.

Erzulie was with the children, though Rosalyn assumed if one would watch them she would come as well.  She was not and therefore immediately turned, sprinting for the place where he waited.

As she arrived, her gaze burned into him with curiosity and active dislike, but she didn't speak.  She wanted to hear what this was, and why he had summoned all of them.
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
the call did not pass over him without extreme concern flashing across his face. illidan had been in the blackpine and had been searching for unsuspecting prey to stock in some of their caches for later. he had planned on visiting erzulie and rosalyn – bringing the pups something to eat – and seeing how the mothers were faring with the summer warmth having finally reached their stretch of oceanside. instead, he turned to where he had heard the call and breathed a shaky breath.

vercingetorix had ventured out with his mother. illidan had only heard the voice of the dark man and the wind did not carry the aroma of caiaphas with him. something must have happened to her. the feeling of dread seemed to cause his limbs to quiver, but he steadied himself and set out at a brisk lope toward where the former drageda wolf had called.

rosalyn was already there when he showed up. his lungs heaved softly, but he did not pant and he did not seem as though he had strained himself too thoroughly. illidan looked to the man with confusion and stress lining his young face. “what is going on? something happened…” he growled softly to the dark wolf. illidan had started to imagine the worst possible outcome; his mother had died by the hand of another and this was all that he would hear of it.
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Kaertok is skippable in this thread!

When a frantic call came to the borders, Kaertok was instantly on high alert. The names called for weren't his, but with the tone of the howl and considering the three wolves called were high-ranking, it seemed like something important. A white body lurched toward the source of the howl, and he arrived right around the same time as Illidan, his eyes passing over each of the wolves. He had briefly met Rosalyn and Illidan (behind the scenes, 'cause this pack is cool like that), but the one who had called, he had not met.

The beta asked the question that was tickling the back of Sungiwok's throat, and he pricked his ears forward to listen.
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Raleska had stopped midhunt at the call, her ears pricked. It sounded distressed — and what was worse, it had come from the male her brother had seen fit to allow in their ranks. Raleska had not hid her disdain for Vercingetorix, nor had she liked the enterprise both Caiaphas and vercingetorix had embarked upon. It seemed a foolish errand, and she distrusted her mother’s dark companion.

Drawing up swiftly upon Kaertok’s heels, Raleska assessed the group with a flinty stare. Rosalyn and Illidan were here already, and the man before them appeared worn and ragged. Raleska, suspicious and holding no love in her heart for the Dragedan, immediately jumped to her own conclusion. Where is my mother? She accused with a snarl, her tail arching above her. What have you done to her?
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
feel free to join anytime, @Erzulie, but I know you're busy with baby stuff! want to keep this moving

Thankfully, they came relatively quickly. First Rosalyn--no love lost there. Illidan came next, obviously questioning what the hell had happened. A pale wolf he wasn't familiar with arrived, and then the girl that Blixen had taken. Caiaphas's daughter, which would make her (and Illidan) Ephraim's siblings. She was a lot more pointed.

Verx brushed Raleska's questions off with a shake of his head, focusing most of his energy on Illidan and Rosalyn.

Caiaphas and I went to Easthollow to settle the score between them, he explained hoarsely, hoping that Illidan, at least, would have some semblance of what he was talking about. She was still mad about them turning you all away last summer. I thought it was gonna be a raid or something but. . .

Oh, god. He saw the broken kid again in his mind's eye and felt a retch bubble up in his throat, choking and sour. With some effort, he swallowed it down, nearly breathless as he continued. She killed a pup. Broke its neck or something. I dunno why; I got the fuck out of there as soon as I could to tell you all--

We can't let this woman lead this pack, Vercingetorix said firmly, voice all but gone, a ragged whisper. She's fucking crazy. First, going after me when I didn't do shit and ruining my throat, and now. . .now this. That pup was fucking innocent; it didn't do anything. We can't stand for this. We're not monsters.

He fell silent, looking between the wolves assembled, wondering what they'd have to say. If there was any inkling of approval, or even doubt, he was getting the fuck out of Dodge. Nothing good could come from staying here in that case.
Common · Trigedasleng
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
"an' we are to take all dis upon your word, when she is not even here to defend herself?" erzulie murmured dryly, nudging her way alongside rosalyn. she had left her brood with grezig upon the urgency of vercingetorix' summons. "you were not innocent, you were our enemy den." are you now? the blaze of her eyes demanded before she turned them upon illidan.
he was the son of the accused, and while erzulie was unwilling to simply throw caiaphas aside on the word of a former dragedan, verx had done well in rusalka, and guarded their gates. he could not be the only prince and judge over a woman for whom he had no love, however.
"illidan," the harlot murmured softly, seeking the eyes of the somber young man. "would your mot'er hold such a grudge against easthollow?"
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
No love lost indeed.

She listened to his words silently, though she did rather pointedly shoot a glance the direction of the uninvited who had decided to lurk regardless.  Normally she wouldn't mind, but what Verx shared set her on edge, and the size this gathering was growing to would have been better left to them.  Even Raleska had no place here, but she received no look.  Just the male she did not recognize.

Erzulie was quick to defend Caiaphas, but this was not new.  Rosalyn still remained silent, even now, but inwardly she seethed, and it showed in the tense set of her shoulders.

She didn't care about some other pack's child.  She wouldn't have done such a thing, no, but just as she couldn't end a child's life, she saw no reason she was responsible for caring about their death.  No; what she cared about were the repercussions.  Erzulie might have doubts but Rosalyn did not.  She'd never seen horror like that on the ex-Dragedan's face and didn't give him enough credit to fake it.

And honestly, it sounded like exactly the sort of asinine thing Caiaphas would do.
sometimes, dead is better
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
don't worry, he's just coming in to see what all the hullabaloo is all about. Feel free to get him involved somehow, or just watch and be ignored~.

All that noise. Rusalka was rather quiet as far as a pack went, it gave Vengeance plenty of time to come and go as he pleased, plenty of time to heal from revious wounds, catch up on sleep and just take it easy while keeping up with the scented borders. With no job to his title other than to keep intruders out, Vengeance took this uppon himself to take it pretty lax... he wasn't about to go all out and become the best pack member any time soon.

However the yelling was hard to ignore. The brute rose from his den, shaking off the dirt that caked his pelt and calmly make his way to where the congregation had gathered. He was one of the last to arrive on the scene. An unfamiliar face was speaking to the group, speaking of a pup who had their neck broken. Someone's mom... a grudge. Interesting. He could only assume it was perhaps the pack leader seeing as how many connection this individual had, otherwise why would this individual be so important for everyone to see on alert. 

Staying on the outskirt of the meeting, Vengeance sat, allowing himself to observe the situation and be up to date with what may be going on. Should he be summoned to do something, so be it. At least he was present.
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
it shouldn’t have been surprising how quickly the scenario turned to shit. figures arrived on the wind, prepared to face whatever it was that the dark wolf had returned to tell them. illidan could feel his head spinning at the sight of them all. he feared how quickly it would spiral out of control. it was not until raleska appeared, immediately spouting accusations toward the man and the tale that he offered them. illidan fixed his sister with a sharp glance and shook his head. “now is not the time, raleska,” the weary young man growled to her.

gathering all that he could from verx’s recounting, the ghost felt himself slipping away from where he stood – from reality – and clenched his jaw tightly to keep himself grounded. illidan did all that he could to stay rational and to swallow the emotions that bubbled up from within him. it felt as though a fire had started in the pit of his stomach and his intestines were lined with gasoline.

when erzulie spoke, he turned to her. her points were well-put, and she seemed as though she had thought through the statements and inquiries that were being made. he wished that he shared the same social graces. instead, the question was turned toward him. he locked eyes with erzulie for the briefest moment and released the tension in his back.

“we will not accuse him of anything until we have definitive answers,” the ghost stated firmly. “we will also not pass judgement on caiaphas until that time.” it was foolish to take one word over that of another without knowing anything in between. illidan did not wish to be stuck there, between the rock that was verx and the hard place that was his love for his mother. how was he to remain impartial when he wasn’t even certain that he trusted the former drageda wolf?

“my mother had plenty of reason to harbor ill will toward the easthollow wolves. they are the reason our family was torn apart. they are the reason my brothers vanished without a trace, and they are the cause of… my father’s death. they turned us away when we were starving. they cared only for their future pups and did not wish to risk being able to nourish their own young by accepting a new family into their ranks,” he explained to those close enough to listen. when he set his sights on vercingetorix, it was with a furrowed brow and a thin-lipped expression. “if your children were cast into the wild and told that they had no place, would you not harbor resentment? if their lives were threatened by the selfishness of one group, could you continue on as though nothing had happened?” he asked, but he did not even know if the former drageda wolf even had children, or cared for them. he based his query on the reaction that had been shown by the dark man.

the air around that group had changed, and he could feel it. there was a divide between what was said, what was believed, and what was the truth. the only way that they would know was if they sought caiaphas out or traveled to easthollow for answers. he would send none of his wolves to that pack. he did not trust them; they were not good. the weary soul believed that they would only do harm to his family, if given that chance again.

“i will step into her place as alpha until we have found a means to gather answers. i will remain watchful on our borders, should any of the easthollow wolves seek revenge, but… it would not surprise me if she was driven to this – this madness. if she returns to us alive, it will not go unaddressed.”
576 Posts
Ooc —
Raleska’s gaze remained steadfast on Vercingetorix, studying him icily as he met both Erzulie’s and Illidan’s questions. If there was any sliver of dishonesty to cross his face, she would catch it.

She positively simmered as Illidan cut her short, demanding she be quiet; it was then her yellow eyes lifted from the Dragedan, raking across Illidan in disbelief. What?! The girl scoffed, gesticulating towards Vercingetorix helplessly. He left with her, and he returned without her. Is it not the time to question him? He was our enemy less than six months ago! She wished to say more on that matter, but felt her position in that group was precarious. Even as she listened to her brother, to Vercingetorix, malcontent emotions stirred within her. She did not trust Vercingetorix for a second; it was highly suspect that he had disposed of her mother in the woods, in Raleska’s opinion. 

Fixing the Dragedan with a cold stare, Raleska lifted her chin and spoke. You are not innocent. She murmured, dissident to his claims that Caiaphas had done wrong to him, or to Easthollow. Was it only women that possessed memories, or cared to introspect them? Not so long ago Drageda had tried to extinguish them — Raleska would never look at Vercingetorix as anything but an enemy. You and yours killed one of ours, brutalized Rosalyn, and nearly killed me, too. If it was not for the generosity of my brother, I would finish the job Caiaphas started. Her tail flicked contemptuously, but Raleska held her rage in check just a moment longer. She wished to know what Erzulie and Rosalyn had to say, and quietly glanced upon both.
at times unbearably so.
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
Erzulie finally arrived, apparently having caught his words on the wind and bumping in with her two cents, which were basically comprised of him killing Caiaphas and then running back here to lie about it. Crap on a goddamn cracker. At least Rosalyn kept silent, looking as if she somewhat believed him, and Illidan lent his support, although. . .

The question the young man posed baffled him--like, duh? but why kill a kid because of it?--and he was opening his mouth to answer when Raleska opened hers.

Are you fucking kidding me? Vercingetorix asked, jaw slightly agape. You think I would kill Caiaphas and then run the fuck back here to lie about it? His eyes cut briefly to Erzulie at this, and then returned to the girl. I may be a dumbass but I'm not stupid. If I got my teeth in her throat out there, you'd never see me again. (God willing.)

He scoffed, shaking his head. Cut the bullshit, Raleska. That big brute of yours was trespassing and attacked our warriors. You followed him into the territory. And your mom attacked me while I was out for a fucking stroll. Don't play the victim card with me.

Verx's dual-toned eyes, now filled with cold fire, moved around the crowd assembled, boring into each and every one of them. This is what I saw. Caiaphas took a kid and broke its fucking neck. I have no reason, good or bad, to lie about that. Now you can either choose to do something about her crazy ass, or you can keep her around. Believe me or not--but if or when Easthollow gets here for revenge, any blood will be on her paws, not mine.

The warrior let out a huff, shifting his paws and wondering just what the fuck came next.
Common · Trigedasleng
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
while inwardly she felt the righteous seethe of raleska's anger, it was illidan's lack of denial that shocked the harlot the most. she glanced to her silent mate, then the angered man who had brought them the news. it seemed that caiaphas had fewer supporters that she realized, and for the first time, erzulie wondered if such blind devotion to the sea-witch was prudent of her. but to raleska she gave a silent shake of her head — killing the cur would not bring caiaphas back, and perhaps the new alpha was correct.
shaking off this thought, her gaze cooling and pensive as she leveled it upon verx once more, the woman focused her attentions on illidan. "what shall we do if easthollow comes here?" she murmured gently, thinking of rusalka's children. whatever had happened, whether or not she trusted the former dragedan's word, their babes did not deserve to suffer.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rosalyn continued to hold her silence, listening as they spoke one after the other.  When Illidan spoke, she found herself wondering, but the question was immediately answered.  No, she would not.  Because were she in that place, she would turn aside a hundred starving families if it meant her own had food to eat.  She needed only to think of Drageda.  If they had turned them aside, and Erzulie had perished, she would have blamed no one but herself.  Some blamed the world for their troubles - she wasn't one of them.  And revenge was something that was not worth the price it usually called.  She preferred to live and bide her time.

She felt for Raleska, and appreciated her fire towards the man, but she shook her head once the girl finished speaking.  It seemed unreal, but as much as she might hate him, she also believed him.  And she intended to finally extend a few words of support... until he opened his mouth and spoke his own piece.

As he spoke of how they'd intruded, her eyes grew hard as flint, and a heavy, nauseous rage roiled up in her throat.  Everything that they'd lost had been for her sake, and she would not stand here and allow him to play the victim either.  All supporting words she had withered instantly, and at that moment, she didn't care if they killed him on the spot.  Only Erzulie's statement, a question of what came next, held her from stalking away.  She too turned her eyes to Illidan, awaiting his word.  He led them now.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Feel free to skip him!

The little meeting went from interesting, to mildly annoying. Although he wanted to leave the group to their own, leave and perhaps take a nap while they decided on their actions - a part of him wanted to understand what he was getting himself into. He couldn't be certain someone would come to him to explain, even if he asked, he had a feeling no one would, not to him. And so he stayed. 

The only one who had the most sense to his words was one of the males, Illidan. He spoke with rather than feeling and letting personal ties get in the way. Logical. Perhaps more logical and Vengeance could ever muster - Vengeance was a beast of pure battle knowledge, he struggled with diplomacy if that wasn't obvious already. 

He waited in silence. The final question was asked, Vengeance had his own answer but instead of speaking it and getting any attention on himself - he simply thought. Defend. Whatever that woman had done, if it was merited or not, Vengence couldn't care less. What he believed was right was to stand ground and defend rather than pull new punches and anger the enemy further, make one the enemy to that pack - rather than a full pack on pack war... but he was curious to see what Illidan would say. Ruby eyes fell on the young man, patiently waiting to see what he would come up with.
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
“enough, raleska!”

his voice boomed rather than slipped from his lips as he had intended. illidan could feel the heat of the conversation rising and the distress of those around him was overwhelming. his gaze latched onto his sister with an angry finality. the hackles along his neck and back rose like jagged quills, preparing for her to lash back at him. the wildling was done with the accusatory claims. he was tired of the wave of hostility that had surfaced without proof of anything that had happened. the mob mentality would be ceased, as long as he could help it.

raleska was mad, but so was illidan. he was not blind to the fact that their mother was missing and the only one to have returned was someone who had been an enemy to their pack no less than half a year ago. he would not see his sister’s anger turn her into an impulsive and chaotic force. he would also not see it turn the others into hostile creatures, bent on seeking revenge for a crime they were not even sure had been committed.

“your anger is misplaced, and you need to think about what you are saying before you say it. find proof and then you may prosecute him, but until then you will hold your tongue,” the ghost snapped to her. of course, illidan did not fully trust the former drageda wolf either. the only difference was that he wanted to prove that he was willing to give a chance to those who asked for it. he hoped that he would not be betrayed in offering open arms.

erzulie’s voice turned his head swiftly toward her. it would only make sense that she was worried for the safety of her children. “we will strengthen our borders. the children are to be protected first, and then we will look out for each other. our numbers are strong, so let us stand and wait to see if anyone from easthollow comes to our claim,” illidan then offered. the conversation had depleted his strength, but he looked to the others to listen to what they had to say, quickly glossing over raleska. her voice had already been heard.
576 Posts
Ooc —
Cut the bullshit, Raleska came Vercingetorix's scathing reply. No sooner had he finished his words did Raleska positively balloon outwards in indignation, every blade of fur on her frame pointed outwards like quills. How dare he forget the reason why Rusalka had brought war to his doorstep?! She glanced to Rosalyn in unbridled contempt, a seething fury blading its way through her. She would understand -- she had, after all, endured the unwarranted torture Drageda had thrown upon her. "We were there because you and yours kidnapped our packmate." Raleska corrected darkly, barely able to keep a lid on her anger. She wanted to strike him down, but she knew better. Her words were gritted and her tail snapped agitatedly back and forth.

All it took for Raleska to rein in her agitation was the look in Rosalyn's gaze -- which showed that maybe, she was not on Raleska's side. The girl swallowed, bile rising in her throat as she stepped back. Erzulie's words echoed in her mind, but she had no answer. Any further thoughts were cut down by the harsh bark of her brother, whose command cut through her in the dull, uncaring way a boat might slice through murkwater.

Raleska looked upwards, indignant -- her own brother, not even on her side? Calling her rash and insinuating she was stupid? Her fur was already on end, but the look of betrayal that crossed her gaze was unmistakable. His command was unassailable, and even then, struck down in front of her peers, Raleska did not wish to retaliate. She only felt the knife twist further as she looked upon Illidan, knowing he had served her nothing but injustice. "No." She murmured, keeping her regal head high. "It is you that has misplaced trust in him." Her head jerked towards Vercingetorix, for she could not look upon the man without feeling raw contempt worm through her. "This --" She gestured around them, encapsulating Vercingetorix vaguely in the gesture -- "is on you. No one else wanted him here."

She was spent. Wholly and utterly spent. Never had she stood before her own family, or fought with her brother -- but this was not something Raleska felt was right in her bones. Had it been her instead of Illidan, she would have killed Vercingetorix the day he came back to their beach. He was nothing but trouble. Once an enemy, always an enemy, and Raleska would never forget that.

She did not give any of them the satisfaction of meeting her gaze once her speech finished. There was something else driving her -- a raw emotion of grief. Suddenly, she needed to get away from all of them. To think and reflect on everything alone. Him. Caiaphas. The cold words of her brother. That inscrutable, unreadable look in her mentor... She brushed by Vengeance without even a glance his direction, speeding away at the clipped gait of a woman furious and close to snapping.
at times unbearably so.
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
Even Vercingetorix went full blinky guy gif at Illidan's outburst, and stared at the man, watching him dress down his sister in some shock. He swallowed, shifting his paws and feeling incredibly grateful that at least someone seemed to recognize that this shit was serious. That maybe, just maybe, Verx was telling the truth. He tried to convey these feelings in spades through his eyes to the newly-crowned alpha, but his eyes grew hot again when Raleska cut in.

When Easthollow comes for revenge, you'll know I was right, he shot back to the girl, tail lashing behind him. I'll be on the front lines, helping to secure the borders. I saw it. I know what happened. She fled and he resisted a jeer, knowing that (even if satisfying) it would be ill-timed, to say the least, and in poor spirit. A child had died, for fuck's sake.

He looked at Illidan, then, face suffused with respect. If you need to question me further, I'll be around, he said hoarsely, nodding. Otherwise, I'm out.

Vercingetorix turned, feeling suddenly exhausted, his muscles quivering from the long and constant run across the valley. He'd flop down in some shade nearby, panting, tiredness tugging at his eyelids and a whole host of emotions--anger, horror, disgust--at his stomach.
Common · Trigedasleng
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
the harlot had never heard such ire from illidan, and as he addressed his sister, she turned her mintglow gaze down upon the earth.
when and how had they come to this? she knew such things — she knew the reason, but in her heart, erzulie was not ready to blame caiaphas. her misplaced alliance, perhaps; her overweening sense of pride.
whatever it could be, it led the jezebel to nod once in illidan’s direction, before she too turned and departed, trudging in the pawmarks left by the enraged raleska.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Interestingly enough, Illidan had a similar idea has Vengeance. Despite the moment of a flare-up, Illidan was continuously level headed. Raleska had more to say on the matter, following up on Illidan's demand to leave the subject be on the dark male who had returned. Apparently, he had previously kidnapped a Rusalkan before joining their ranks - a strange choice to let such a man into their home knowing his history. Knowing that some were so strongly against his character.

"When Easthollow comes for revenge, you'll know I was right." The words caught Vengeance's attention once again, crimson stare returning onto him as he continued to listen. His words were quickly followed by Raleska leaving, remaining in his seat, he watched from above as she brushed him by, eyes following the young woman; he couldn't resist but grin at it all. Her fury was fascinating. Almost arousing if he would admit such a thing.

Still, with the smirk lightly painting his dark lips, his attention turned back onto the meeting that was swiftly coming to a close. With one by one leaving the circle, he himself chose to end his presence within the group. Quietly as to not draw too much attention to himself, he rose and turned to the direction that Raleska had stormed off into and disappeared into the distance - he would not seek her out, instead, he would deviate from her path and go off on his own to digest what he had just learned.
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Kaertok out!

Kaertok merely observed the back and forth between all involved parties. When all was said and done, he couldn't say he had a solid grasp on anything that was going down, but he did know that he was far more likely to side with Raleska on just about everything. He did not follow her, but he also wasn't going to stick around any longer. There were borders to attend, and he could catch up with her later, find out what they were to do next. Something told him she would be unwilling to sit back and let things take their course. She seemed more a woman of action.