Moonspear nuyuiksuk ⚬
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,180 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
jarilo went on, kindly, but kukutux had wilted somewhat in a fit of despair. like arcturus, he had made ni mention of interest in the arrangement. in a more logical moment, the duck would have recognized his reluctance as the logical choice. he knew nothing of her; she was a perfect stranger upon which jarilo had taken pity. as he would for any member of moonspear, she suspected.

but in this moment, the little waterfowl did not understand, and took the absence of any offer in jarilo's words as yet another slight to her delicate heart. why had andraste brought her here? why would hydra accept her when she was unwanted? pale ears swept backward, though kukutux was determined not to let it show upon her face more than the simple gesture.

"thank you," the girl whispered, genuine in her gratitude. "i have only seen the borders and the rend ... the renday ..." shame! burning her! "— arcturus took me there to wait for hydra. she had left us after i agreed to live in moonspear." it had all happened so fast that the details were still garbled.

so jarilo would stay, but awake. he must patrol, naipiktuk, she understood. it was the way of her people also. one familiar thing. "i am sure that i will have questions," the duck murmured in answer. what will happen to me? came the whisper of her heart, and she paused a moment to consider it.

she could not leave again. she did not wish to find another home, to start over. moonspear was the last for her, and she would be a wolf worthy of its cliffs one day, kukutux hoped. bearing strong young for hydra would be the first way to prove this, and beneath the edict of the dark queen, the girl knew she would come to fulfill it. she must, she must — her mother's words must be passed down. she must not forget the face of her fathers. she must keep them alive through her children. 

fatigue was beginning to steal into every fiber of kukutux' being. her very soul was tired, it felt, and she could hide it no longer. slim jaws parted in a yawn; she flushed and shifted upon the furs. "if ... you may ... i do not mind if you want to lie down," she peeped timidly, unsure if jarilo was tired or not but wishing to extend the hospitality all the same.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Messages In This Thread
nuyuiksuk ⚬ - by Kukutux - February 01, 2020, 03:12 PM
RE: nuyuiksuk ⚬ - by Jarilo - February 02, 2020, 12:13 AM
RE: nuyuiksuk ⚬ - by Kukutux - February 02, 2020, 12:58 AM
RE: nuyuiksuk ⚬ - by Jarilo - February 02, 2020, 04:24 AM
RE: nuyuiksuk ⚬ - by Kukutux - February 02, 2020, 09:31 AM
RE: nuyuiksuk ⚬ - by Jarilo - February 02, 2020, 08:43 PM
RE: nuyuiksuk ⚬ - by Kukutux - February 02, 2020, 09:32 PM
RE: nuyuiksuk ⚬ - by Jarilo - February 02, 2020, 11:37 PM
RE: nuyuiksuk ⚬ - by Kukutux - February 03, 2020, 12:03 AM
RE: nuyuiksuk ⚬ - by Jarilo - February 04, 2020, 12:58 AM