Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
All Welcome 
it was time to seek @Towhee.

it had been that time a while ago, she had only fallen into her tasks.

but tamar was determined that this would not be so with meadow. she brought fine small plants once more to encourage nearby, and a piece of fish.

calling out, knowing she had only a small time before she must return to her sons, tamar waited with soft eyes.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee’s world narrowed down to her three children. She did everything she could to soften the blow of their father’s absence, mostly just by making herself available. Since giving up on searching, she never strayed far from the spring, with most days spent at Wraen’s Nest.

She left the youngest two there with her brother to fetch the goatskin from the roost. Towhee planned to drag it to their intended rendezvous site. They were still a little young to make the move but she could barely stand being in the roost anymore.

She tugged it outside just to find Tamar standing there. Towhee released her hold and looked to the Morphe, face drawn but eyes inquisitive.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
"let me help you."

but tamar did not move for the skin. instead she took a breath. "arsenio has stepped down."

she had no way of explaining. "it is only us."

tamar looked around the beautiful vale. "i came to see how you were." her eyes returned to towhee. -and to ask if you had any idea of what to do next,- she signed.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Tamar wanted to help her, presumably with the skin. Towhee nodded, only to still suddenly at the woman’s next words. She had no idea what to think of or say to that. Without Maxim to stand beside her, Towhee had no interest in leadership herself, though now was probably not the right time to mention that.

Then again, Towhee didn’t have the energy to beat around the bush or sugarcoat anything. At the Morphe’s question, she turned away to collect herself with a few deep breaths before her orange eyes cut back to Tamar’s sweet face. She would get the truth from the Redhawk.

I don’t have a clue what to do with myself, much less anyone else, Tamar. I know that’s not helpful and I’m sorry. But all I can do right now is look after my kids and try to make it through each day.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
tamar felt chastised.

perhaps it was their disparity in ages or the tone or how losing maxim felt to her as well, a dear friend who had supported her during those times in mereo.

she bit her lip and nodded, fighting the frustration she did not understand, the slight humiliation she also could not comprehend. -can i do anything?- she signed next, meaning it, refusing to focus further upon herself.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She knew she’d spoken too harshly the minute the words left her mouth but Towhee was too exasperated to do anything about it except rub at her brow in frustration. She almost missed Tamar’s next question, though she glanced up just in time.

Just… bear with me, please. I’m really going through it right now and I don’t mean to be a bitch. But why on earth would Arsenio choose now to step down? Why are our men letting us down like this?

She didn’t really need or want an answer. Towhee roughly grabbed the goatskin and began dragging it toward her destination. She tried to catch Tamar’s eye as she shuffled toward Wraen’s Nest, hoping she knew she was still welcome to come along if she didn’t mind Towhee’s anger. But if she didn’t want to deal with it, the Eidos would understand.

Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
tamar followed, helping.

she did not answer until they had come to their destination, not until she had helped towhee arrange it any way she liked.

the morpe hovered close, choosing her words with care. -he and antigone fought. he has not recovered from that shock.-

perhaps the other woman might have seen the man's new scar.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
By the time they reached Wraen’s Nest and let the goatskin settle in the grass there, Towhee had worked out some of her anger. It flared again at Tamar’s words. She understood how terrible Arsenio must feel about that entire scenario, but why he let that impact his role, Towhee simply didn’t follow.

Rather than say that, she reigned in her anger a bit and touched her nose to Tamar’s shoulder. Towhee sighed. Even if Tamar didn’t feel this way, the Redhawk still thought both their men had really left them high and dry, even if unintentionally.

I guess the only thing we can do is try to look forward and focus on the good, Towhee said, albeit still a little sourly. Like, I’m glad Kallik turned up and decided to stick around, she added, unaware that his wayward mate was now in the vale too.

Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
"aquene too, has come home."

home. was it this anymore? tamar let her eyes move thoughtfully to towhee's face.

"if you — if you want time alone, here or outside epoch, i will watch the den for you." what else could be offered? tamar was quiet.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She didn’t think there was anything that could distract her almost completely, though the news about Aquene did exactly that. Towhee blinked, head rearing. She was so caught by surprise, she almost missed the words that came after this revelation.

Thank you, she had the wherewithal to acknowledge before pressing, Aquene’s here, really?

Towhee wasn’t skeptical of Tamar’s word, it was just unbelievably good news. It seemed like every time someone went missing, someone else reappeared. Such was the way of the Teekon Wilds, she supposed.

That’s the silver lining we needed, she mumbled quietly, nudging Tamar again and smiling despite her erstwhile misery.

Might be a good spot to fade? :)