Two Rivers Isle Solar storm
Loner
2 Posts
Ooc — Bone
All Welcome 
Lost.

A feeling the princess was long acquainted with. 

Yet this time, it was not for the robbery of her birthright. It was not for the knowledge of being the last. These past few evenings, it was because of the loss of her auntie—her only source of guidance. Most of her grief had come to her second-hand, but this.... this was real as the grass beneath her paws.

Thyrii had buried her and adorned her grave with golden flowers, for even in death would she be surrounded by a vestige of radiance, whichever form it took. 

Lately, her mind drifted to that cold, dark place in which she rested. How now, could the earth hold you, while I am cursed to never touch you again? It was cruel.

Yet, the world was cruel. She knew that. She would persisit, just as she had always done. She had been chosen to survive for a reason, and yet still she found herself searching for that reason. Perhaps it was just to be there to bury her aunt, for there would have been none to take her place, were she too cast to the same fates as her blood. The world was cruel, and a part of her yearned to be cruel in kind. 

I will get you, somehow, someday, shitty world.

A blank-faced Thyrii took residence in the centre of an isle, crossing the shallows in an idle wander, her legs had taken her far from the grave she dug, and the water took away the dirt which stained her paws. She'd stand there, in the ankle-deep stream, and simply breathe. The sun would bask her face in its gentle glow. Mother sunlight, always persisting. She too, would live up to that example, even if it felt exceedingly hard this day.

The girl would walk out of the river, and back toward the heart of the lone island, where she'd call on a friendly smile to paint her features once more. The venom which boiled beneath the surface was carefully concealed. 

Her mind flicked to her priorities, the first one being that her appetite had been sufficiently curbed for the past few days, and her strength would wane if she didn't tend to it. 

She'd reach into the river once more, watching, waiting. The patience came naturally, in this state. Eventually, she'd prevail with a fish, and pull it aside to peck at its contents.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Every day, her wanderlust slowly strengthened. After reminding Meerkat (probably unnecessarily) that she would be back within a day at the most—and gently shaking a clingy Skipjack off her hind leg, which earned her a long groan she didn’t hear—she set out to the west to scratch the itch.

Towhee’s lips twitched into a smile as she skirted the neighboring swamp. She wondered what her young friend was doing right now. She soon passed into the thicket and her mind wandered away right along with her feet.

The pungent smell of fish snared her attention. Towhee kept going due west until the trees thinned and she found herself approaching one of the two rivers that hugged the nearby “isle.” There was a wolf on the far side of the water, her head bent over a meal.

Towhee’s orange eyes fixed on her as she shuffled slowly closer and disclaimed, Not interested in your food. Just maybe some company.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Loner
2 Posts
Ooc — Bone
short n sweet, hope you don't mind

On a better day, she might've been sharper, noticed the presence of another far quicker than she did, instead, her ears would swivel around sharply to the sound of a voice, a slight jump spurring her from her thoughts.

Thyrii sat up a little, dignified herself a little more, and offered the newcomer a friendly smile. Well, I'd welcome your company then! I mean no harm all the same. I really don't mind sharing, although its not exactly the heartiest of meals. She'd remark with a lighthearted chuff, single darker paw trailing a circle in the dirt as she sat back on tawny haunches.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Not at all! :)

She could see that she’d surprised the younger woman. Towhee swallowed a chuckle. She reminded her of her elder daughters, though she had darker shades draping her dorsum like a shawl. She also had a single dark paw. Towhee couldn’t tell if her eyes were pale blue or maybe silver.

Nah, I’m really not hungry, the Redhawk insisted, making her way closer. Do you live around here? I’m coming from the copse, back that way, she shared, motioning her head in that direction. I’m Towhee.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)