OOC Account Question.
Yearling
7 Posts
Ooc — WAILING
I tried to contact @Rosalyn on discord and was just sent here instead.

I signed up with @wailing as a lurker account. And in the first section where you put a RP sample I explained I wanted it to be my OOC account. The account was denied and in the PM it wasn’t clear what I needed to do. It seemed to want me to fill it out as I would a character. However, it’s not one.

Can someone give me some pointers on what I need to do?? I’m very confused.
 #5ba3bd
0 Posts
Ooc — gay
i would recommend giving the site policies thread another read, particularly the rules on account names! :)
Yearling
7 Posts
Ooc — WAILING
I went and capitalized my other accounts name if that’s what you meant.

edit: I guess I have to remake the account and capitalize the first letter then? I don’t think it’s showing up. Oops

I wish the PM would have just stated that if that’s the issue. I wouldn’t have thought to check that otherwise. Lmao
 #5ba3bd
0 Posts
Ooc — gay
i believe (a cm can feel free to correct me if im wrong) the cms usually don't offer guidance because reading the guidebook thoroughly can answer any questions about the rules & requirements for approval. to change your account name, you'll need to go to the user control panel (ucp home), click the "your profile" tab, and find the "change username" option - it should be just above the option to change your password!
Yearling
7 Posts
Ooc — WAILING
I get why they don’t want to help. But at the same time I can’t read their minds either. But I’ll know for next time then.

You have been a big help. Thank you so much!
 #5ba3bd
Sun Mote Copse
Rover
5,045 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Reading minds isn't necessary, just the Guidebook. ;)

We also frequently direct folks to the forum so that any questions asked will remain here for posterity, should someone else come along with the same question.

And we prefer most formal game inquiries to be dealt with here on the site vs Discord (mostly so stuff doesn't get lost or overlooked but also just as a collective personal preference).
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Yearling
7 Posts
Ooc — WAILING
Alright, thanks (;
 #5ba3bd