Sun Mote Copse Like a phoenix.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,031 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Sunlight began to break through the overcast sky, dappling the surrounding forest, and Towhee's heart skipped in her chest. She was so damn happy right now. Her mood only improved when a familiar face came striding forth from the trees, a dead hare clenched in Niamh's jaws. The Regent beamed at her friend, her heart skipping another beat when she saw the telltale signs of her sister-in-law's progressing pregnancy.

Niamh set the rabbit near the log's opening, then settled down beside it after placing a friendly lick between Towhee's ears which made her grin like an idiot. She missed Niamh's first few words due her movements, though managed to capture the spirit of her remark about pregnancy, as well as the followup question. She felt a bittersweet little pang when reminded she had been pregnant the past few months, without ever knowing it. They had been pregnant together, without either one of them realizing it.

But if that thought made her a little sad, the idea that they'd get to raise their offspring together made Towhee smile so hard her face ached. "We get to be baby mamas together," she pointed out and added, "I'm so..." Honestly, the way she felt was indescribable. So the Regent didn't even try to bother. Niamh knew.

Meerkat was currently sound asleep, though Towhee shifted a little to give Niamh a better view before saying, "I was thinking of moving dens and decided to stay put. But here's a thought." She paused, in case her friend was too busy adoring Meerkat, before continuing. "Have you picked out a den? Maybe we could... share?" It occurred to her that Niamh might not want that, though Towhee held out hope. Phox was going to be the father figure to both litters, so it was a practical idea, though her heart was more invested than her head.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Like a phoenix. - by Towhee - March 03, 2020, 09:18 AM
RE: Like a phoenix. - by RIP Niamh - March 03, 2020, 11:06 AM
RE: Like a phoenix. - by Towhee - March 03, 2020, 11:19 AM
RE: Like a phoenix. - by RIP Niamh - March 03, 2020, 12:02 PM
RE: Like a phoenix. - by Towhee - March 03, 2020, 12:11 PM
RE: Like a phoenix. - by RIP Niamh - March 04, 2020, 08:46 AM
RE: Like a phoenix. - by Towhee - March 04, 2020, 08:54 AM
RE: Like a phoenix. - by RIP Niamh - March 04, 2020, 08:32 PM
RE: Like a phoenix. - by Towhee - March 05, 2020, 09:48 AM
RE: Like a phoenix. - by RIP Niamh - March 09, 2020, 11:12 PM
RE: Like a phoenix. - by Towhee - March 10, 2020, 09:02 AM