Redhawk Caldera Die young.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
That same exhaustion suddenly sucked the last bit of her strength and Towhee sank to the floor, her toes brushing her son's prone body. Abruptly, she remembered her miscarriage midway through the pregnancy, the remembered pain of it twisting the knife already plunged into her heart. At the same time, today's grief felt more like a faded echo of that day's pain. Though agonizing, it wasn't as brutal, perhaps because there was still a small, guilt-riddled part of her that realized that raising three puppies was more manageable than four six.

She could feel Rue's presence hovering at her shoulder, the warm gush of breath as Ruenna said something Towhee didn't catch. Her attention remained fixed on her dead little boy for several moments longer. She kept skimming her toes along his stiff little flank, wanting to touch but hating what she felt at the same time. Eventually, she sucked in a breath and drew her legs toward herself.

Towhee maneuvered so she could look up at Rue. "I don't know what happened," she said blandly. Maybe it's for the best, she thought, largely unbidden. She didn't say that out loud; it felt too crass even if it was very likely the harsh truth. "Will you look after the others while I go..." She knew right away where she would lay him to rest: beside his stillborn siblings at the cave. But first, she should probably... "Can you call for Reyes?"
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Die young. - by Towhee - April 08, 2021, 05:47 PM
RE: Die young. - by Ruenna - April 10, 2021, 03:24 PM
RE: Die young. - by Towhee - April 11, 2021, 07:05 PM
RE: Die young. - by Ruenna - April 18, 2021, 11:45 AM
RE: Die young. - by Towhee - April 19, 2021, 12:16 PM
RE: Die young. - by Ruenna - April 25, 2021, 10:38 AM
RE: Die young. - by Towhee - May 03, 2021, 09:21 AM