Redhawk Caldera Fevered Interest
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Samwell's player says it's cool to set this tomorrow morning. :)

Towhee stood on the ridge line, torn between keeping an eye on her children and heading to the borders to fortify them. Both were equally critical duties. She knew someone was keeping an eye on her ever unrulier trio, just like she knew there were other guardians out there patrolling. And it wasn't just indecision pinning here there but the whole entire weight of the world. At least, it felt that way.

She had suffered so much loss lately, it was utterly unfathomable. Part of Towhee wanted to cut every last remaining connection and run off into the sunset. If she didn't have anyone, that meant she couldn't lose anyone. But, of course, that was both impossible and insane. She loved her children, her children's children and the rest of her makeshift family here at the caldera. She couldn't just walk away from them, from any of this.

That left her with no choice but to move forward. The world kept spinning, careless of all her personal tragedies. Towhee let out a long breath and took one step in the direction of the borders. Then she took another. And another. Soon, she was partway down the mountainside... with tears streaming down her face. It was still progress.

Towhee stopped to roughly swipe a paw over her blurry eyes and runny nose. When she put her foot back on the ground, she spotted two figures in the distance. From her elevated vantage point on the slope, she watched them, their forms shimmering like mirages in the desert.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Fevered Interest - by Samwell - June 16, 2021, 11:28 AM
RE: Fevered Interest - by Āzon - June 16, 2021, 04:13 PM
RE: Fevered Interest - by Towhee - June 16, 2021, 06:54 PM
RE: Fevered Interest - by Samwell - June 17, 2021, 10:25 AM
RE: Fevered Interest - by Āzon - June 17, 2021, 12:53 PM
RE: Fevered Interest - by Towhee - June 17, 2021, 01:24 PM
RE: Fevered Interest - by Samwell - June 17, 2021, 04:29 PM
RE: Fevered Interest - by Āzon - June 24, 2021, 03:15 PM
RE: Fevered Interest - by Towhee - June 24, 2021, 04:35 PM
RE: Fevered Interest - by Samwell - June 24, 2021, 05:28 PM
RE: Fevered Interest - by Āzon - June 24, 2021, 09:16 PM