Lake Rodney Sugar in the creek
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
In her more than four years of life, Towhee couldn't remember anyone ever responding to her deafness this way: by sharing knowledge of another individual who was hard of hearing. She met this information with a blink, the tip of her tongue pressing against the backs of her teeth. She had questions, though almost as soon as Crowfeather brought up his acquaintance, he cut himself off with a shake of his head.

She opened her mouth to say something but clapped it shut when he went on to answer her earlier question. Towhee vaguely registered the words. She couldn't imagine why any pack would need the assistance of a pair of loners, though she didn't bother questioning it. She was still more interested in this Mothwing.

"Did she know ptero?" Towhee wondered, then realized that was probably a very stupid question. Not only was that term colloquial, the language itself was a local, organic creation. Of course she wouldn't know it. "Did she speak a sign language, I mean?" she pressed, still curious how other deaf wolves functioned in day to day life.

Her mind flicked to Nightjar, the older brother she hadn't seen in years. He had only been deaf in one ear, though Towhee remembered striking up an immediate sense of camaraderie over their shared condition. (To this day, Towhee did not know that Meerkat was similarly deaf in one ear, or she would've thought of her too.) She felt a vague stirring of kinship with this faceless Mothwing, and Crowfeather by proxy.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Sugar in the creek - by Crowfeather - August 12, 2021, 10:30 AM
RE: Sugar in the creek - by Towhee - August 13, 2021, 10:31 AM
RE: Sugar in the creek - by Crowfeather - August 13, 2021, 12:49 PM
RE: Sugar in the creek - by Towhee - August 13, 2021, 01:03 PM
RE: Sugar in the creek - by Crowfeather - August 13, 2021, 01:30 PM
RE: Sugar in the creek - by Towhee - August 13, 2021, 02:06 PM
RE: Sugar in the creek - by Crowfeather - August 13, 2021, 02:20 PM
RE: Sugar in the creek - by Towhee - August 13, 2021, 02:31 PM
RE: Sugar in the creek - by Crowfeather - August 13, 2021, 02:58 PM
RE: Sugar in the creek - by Towhee - August 14, 2021, 09:58 AM
RE: Sugar in the creek - by Crowfeather - August 14, 2021, 07:03 PM