Redhawk Caldera Do you think you're better off alone?
Sun Mote Copse
Rover
5,047 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
His answer caught her by surprise, though he offered up some context. Something had recently happened to the previous leader, so he was only an interim Alpha. Towhee's eyes cut sideways to Meerkat for a moment, though they quickly returned to Issarartuyok, lest she miss anything he was saying.

She wanted to know what had happened, though before she could ask, her guest posed a question of his own. Towhee didn't have to think about that at all, saying, "I want her to be happy and fulfilled, just like you said. Whatever that looks like." Her orange eyes found the yearling's face again, full of fondness.

Since there was no doubt in her mind they were a pair by this point in the conversation, Towhee ran her tongue over her teeth and mulled a moment before asking, "Do you think you'll plan to have kids in the spring?" Her gaze rested most heavily on her daughter now, though it flicked back and forth between her and Issarartuyok. It took two to tango, didn't it?

This time, she didn't miss Meerkat's flustered, "MOM! Issarartuyok and I aren't together." It looked like there was more she wanted to say but was too mortified to get it out.

"Shit," Towhee blurted, "sorry. You're—?" Well, she felt bad for causing Meerkat such clear embarrassment, though she'd seen the way the young woman looked at Issorartuyok. And hell, the guy had basically written her a fucking poem just now. "Why the hell not?" she demanded.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Do you think you're better off alone? - by Towhee - November 23, 2021, 03:41 PM
RE: Do you think you're better off alone? - by Issorartuyok - November 23, 2021, 03:56 PM
RE: Do you think you're better off alone? - by Towhee - November 23, 2021, 04:06 PM
RE: Do you think you're better off alone? - by Issorartuyok - November 23, 2021, 04:45 PM
RE: Do you think you're better off alone? - by Towhee - November 23, 2021, 05:36 PM
RE: Do you think you're better off alone? - by Issorartuyok - November 26, 2021, 03:03 PM
RE: Do you think you're better off alone? - by Towhee - November 27, 2021, 10:21 AM
RE: Do you think you're better off alone? - by Issorartuyok - November 30, 2021, 11:45 PM