Redsand Canyon trade off
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,031 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It was true that a handful of good friends would be departing, though it wasn’t as though Towhee would be left bereft. There was Ruenna and her newborns, now, and of course Maxim and her own batch of sprogs sometime later. And then there were the Redhawks come home to roost, including the brother that insisted on draping himself outside their door like some sort of welcome mat.

She smiled crookedly at the thought even as she shifted on the pallet she shared with Maxim, eyes lingering on the den’s twilit mouth. She didn’t see Phox or her mate out there, though dusk had only just fallen. They would both turn up soon. In the meantime, she let her thoughts wander to Tierra and Killdeer, wondering how the future generations were coming along as soldiers.

Maxim arrived without fanfare, scattering her thoughts as his silhouette filled the doorway. He brought dinner. Towhee licked her lips and shot him a thankful glance before absolutely devouring his offering. She didn’t even think to share, nor did she feel badly about that. If all went according to plan, she was eating for two or more.

After letting out an appreciative burp and sloppily licking her chops clean, Towhee glanced at Maxim, meaning to ask him about his day. But then a downy feather fluttered across the floor, capturing her attention. She gazed at the others strewn all over the den for a moment, then instinctively began scooping them into a pile with her paws.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
trade off - by Maxim - April 08, 2022, 07:12 PM
RE: trade off - by Towhee - April 08, 2022, 07:35 PM
RE: trade off - by Maxim - April 08, 2022, 08:32 PM
RE: trade off - by Towhee - April 08, 2022, 08:42 PM
RE: trade off - by Maxim - April 08, 2022, 08:57 PM
RE: trade off - by Towhee - April 08, 2022, 09:16 PM
RE: trade off - by Maxim - April 13, 2022, 01:45 PM
RE: trade off - by Towhee - April 13, 2022, 02:00 PM
RE: trade off - by Maxim - April 14, 2022, 12:47 PM
RE: trade off - by Towhee - April 14, 2022, 01:01 PM
RE: trade off - by Maxim - April 14, 2022, 05:09 PM