Northstar Vale My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,037 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
-“I know,”- she said with feeling, locking eyes with him again so he would understand just how much she appreciated him right now. -“I’m so glad I have you, Jackie and the littles.”-

And she knew the second part too. Phox didn’t say it but the implication was there: if she needed to go somewhere else, he would be right beside her. She felt choked up for a moment and couldn’t speak out loud, so Towhee had to resort to signing in emotive silence.

-Whatever happens, I know they’ll still have a father figure. And since you’re my de facto life partner now, I might need you to… I don’t know, tell me what to do now? I know that’s selfish, I’m just… fuck, I don’t know what to do with myself.-

For the nth time, she wondered about Maxim’s fate. Towhee didn’t believe for one second that he would willingly walk away from his life here, which left only one option: he hadn’t come home because he couldn’t. He might be lying in a ravine somewhere, smashed to pieces, or digesting in some bear’s stomach. Actually, scratch that. He would totally be a pile of bear shit by now, in that case…

Towhee made a noise that might’ve sounded like a heaving sob. In actuality, it was a blurt of laughter. And once it started, Towhee couldn’t stop it. She sat there, laughing maniacally, the awful noise of it frightening a nearby flock of roosting birds into panicked flight.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Towhee - April 18, 2023, 11:09 AM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Phox - April 18, 2023, 05:23 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Towhee - April 18, 2023, 05:35 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Phox - April 19, 2023, 11:53 AM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Towhee - April 19, 2023, 12:15 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Phox - April 19, 2023, 12:50 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Towhee - April 19, 2023, 02:13 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Phox - April 19, 2023, 02:55 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Towhee - April 19, 2023, 03:12 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Phox - April 19, 2023, 03:17 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Towhee - April 19, 2023, 03:33 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Phox - April 19, 2023, 07:19 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Towhee - April 19, 2023, 08:09 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Phox - April 24, 2023, 05:00 PM