Northstar Vale My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,031 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She stared at him, eager for a distraction, a brow arching at his response. Did these ladies have names? Was he attracted to either of them? What about the ones he’d mentioned before? Towhee sat there with a rather dumb look on her face, trying to remember what he’d told her the last time they’d talked about this.

Was the first batch a total wash? Even the dancer? she wondered. I think it’s great to keep it casual, Towhee added, thinking of their miserable track records. I’m glad you’re putting yourself out there, though. Just in case there’s any doubt, I’ll be here to support you and whatever family you build for yourself too. I really wouldn’t mind being a Towma again one day, if that’s in the cards…

She fell silent for a little while, then rolled onto her side with a grunt before pushing back into a sit. Towhee brushed some dry grass off herself, then stood. She closed the distance between them and placed her muzzle on Phox’s shoulder now, just letting her head rest there a moment in a loose embrace before stepping back.

Now that the search was over, Towhee really did want to focus on the kids. But there was part of her that was desperate to get away at the same time. Those two impulses were definitely at odds. She needed to put the children first, lest they think she would leave them and not return, like their dad. Towhee’s insides clenched.

As much as I don’t like being in the roost right now, I know it’s too early to bring them here. But what do you think of this place as a rendezvous site? Since you’re my co-parent now and all.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Towhee - April 18, 2023, 11:09 AM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Phox - April 18, 2023, 05:23 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Towhee - April 18, 2023, 05:35 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Phox - April 19, 2023, 11:53 AM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Towhee - April 19, 2023, 12:15 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Phox - April 19, 2023, 12:50 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Towhee - April 19, 2023, 02:13 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Phox - April 19, 2023, 02:55 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Towhee - April 19, 2023, 03:12 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Phox - April 19, 2023, 03:17 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Towhee - April 19, 2023, 03:33 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Phox - April 19, 2023, 07:19 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Towhee - April 19, 2023, 08:09 PM
RE: My rusty wings are weak and tired, oh. - by Phox - April 24, 2023, 05:00 PM