Wheeling Gull Isle Life’s a beach.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,029 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Sable looked like he didn’t know what to think, though Jr’s expression was a little clearer. She looked pissed. Towhee had prepared herself for this possibility, though she was not particularly ready for the question her lookalike slung at her.

She felt angry herself, for a moment. Maxim had vanished without a word, never to return, and Towhee had made sure to always make herself available to her children to mitigate their suffering as much as possible. It felt like an undeserved, unfair accusation, though she reminded herself that Jr’s question came from an honest place.

Looking her mirror image dead in the eye, she signed with emphatic, somewhat harsh movements, saying, -Towhee Sasha Redhawk Jr, I promise you that will never fucking happen. Do you read me?- Softening a little, she continued, -I’ve always been here for you. That will never change, alright? If it was up to me, I’d just make you come with me. But it’s not just up to me anymore. You’re grown enough to get a say, be a part of making decisions about your own life. That’s why I wanted to talk to you, let you make the choice for yourself.-

She didn’t want to just ramble endlessly, though there was more Towhee wanted to say. She paused to draw in a breath, orange gaze wandering from Jr’s face to Sable’s and back again.

-That’s called autonomy. That’s what made me decide to drift. I thought about it long and hard and realized it’s what would make me happy, give me purpose. And if that has merit to you too, great! If not, you can settle in Moonspear—or here, or wherever you want—and that’s a valid choice too. Nothing will stop me from visiting you every chance I get. Okay? Not even goddamn death. Okay? Even if I fuckin’ die, I love you so much, I will fucking haunt the shit out of you forever. Okay?-
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Life’s a beach. - by Towhee - July 05, 2023, 10:10 AM
RE: Life’s a beach. - by Sable - July 05, 2023, 01:26 PM
RE: Life’s a beach. - by Towhee Jr - July 08, 2023, 05:50 PM
RE: Life’s a beach. - by Towhee - July 08, 2023, 06:16 PM
RE: Life’s a beach. - by Sable - July 08, 2023, 07:01 PM
RE: Life’s a beach. - by Towhee Jr - July 09, 2023, 06:34 AM
RE: Life’s a beach. - by Towhee - July 09, 2023, 10:02 AM
RE: Life’s a beach. - by Sable - July 09, 2023, 12:24 PM
RE: Life’s a beach. - by Towhee Jr - July 12, 2023, 07:56 AM
RE: Life’s a beach. - by Towhee - July 12, 2023, 08:22 AM
RE: Life’s a beach. - by Sable - July 16, 2023, 10:28 AM