Moonsong Glacier send the darkness
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee still hadn’t found anyone to run a message to the other villages. She reconsidered going herself, now that she and Phox had settled into Moontide. But she tended to stay pretty busy in their new home, so she hadn’t found the time yet.

And today would be no different. Although she was leaving the plateau for the first time this morning, she was headed east to search for small game. Towhee was determined to sharpen her skills… and prove that she still had merits, even if she was both aging and disabled.

All thought of hunting promptly fled her mind when a scent threaded through her nose. This time, there was no mistaking it. Towhee’s heart skipped a beat and she started running, stiff muscles limbering as she flew across the plain leading to the foot of the sparkling glacier.

There was a pack living here. Was it possible her youngest daughter lived among them? Towhee halted at the borders, then began pacing restlessly. The sun continued to rise, casting quite the glare, but she squinted in its direction every few moments, waiting to catch a glimpse…

When Towhee Jr appeared, it was as if her mother was looking into the past, at her younger self. There was a hawk perched on the young woman’s white-streaked shoulder. And she was clearly out on patrol. The elder Redhawk’s heart squeezed in her chest.

Let me know if you mind any of my assumptions here.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 10, 2023, 07:06 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 13, 2023, 10:11 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 13, 2023, 02:49 PM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 13, 2023, 09:56 PM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 15, 2023, 06:05 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 15, 2023, 10:18 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 17, 2023, 06:45 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 18, 2023, 10:38 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 19, 2023, 05:55 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 19, 2023, 10:42 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 23, 2023, 10:42 AM