Moonsong Glacier send the darkness
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Her daughter’s possessiveness caught Towhee by surprise, earning a little chuckle. She hadn’t realized. The elder Towhee was very much the opposite in that regard: she wanted to spread the language far and wide to facilitate communication. There was merit to keeping it close to the vest—like exchanging information right beneath an enemy’s nose—but those situations were very few and far between.

-“Guess that makes us sisters,”- Towhee quipped, orange eyes tracing over Jr’s mended wound. -“It’s a badge of honor, indeed, when you get it protecting your pack mates. That’s how I got some of mine,”- namely the particularly gnarly one that spanned her back- and hipbones.

She hadn’t seen her litter mate since leaving Moonspear, which tugged Towhee’s lips into a frown. She reached out to rest a paw on the young woman’s shoulder, giving it a little squeeze as she bit back a sigh.

-“He told me he went looking for your father,”- she shared after a pensive moment, eyes tight. -“He wanted to find you too. We ran into each other just next door,”- she shared, gesturing at the pine forest to the south, -“so hopefully he isn’t far. Maybe he’ll turn up on one our doorsteps soon.”-

It was really a shame that their little family of four had split up so completely. Towhee still wondered why her two youngest hadn’t come with her when she’d decided to go traveling in the summer, though there was no point bringing it up now. There was also no use in second-guessing her decision to leave them behind. None of them could go back.

-“I’m sorry our family fell apart,”- she did find herself saying, -“but now that you and I are back in the same neighborhood, maybe we can make up for some lost time? I’d love to start by hearing more about Moonsong. What made you decide to settle here?”-
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 10, 2023, 07:06 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 13, 2023, 10:11 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 13, 2023, 02:49 PM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 13, 2023, 09:56 PM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 15, 2023, 06:05 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 15, 2023, 10:18 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 17, 2023, 06:45 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 18, 2023, 10:38 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 19, 2023, 05:55 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 19, 2023, 10:42 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 23, 2023, 10:42 AM