Moonsong Glacier send the darkness
Sun Mote Copse
Rover
5,047 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee met her lookalike’s optimistic comment with a blink. Just like with Sable, she didn’t want to force her narrative on her daughter. She wished she could insist that Maxim would never have walked out on them, that death was the only explanation. Towhee kept her mouth shut.

-I appreciate that,- she replied to Jr’s take, giving her tongue a rest as she restored entirely to Ptero. -I don’t think it was rash to join Moonsong. You can’t go wrong with any of the packs in this particular alliance, I don’t think. And it’s wise to flock up for the winter. That’s why I parked in Moontide. I had no particularly good reason to choose it, except that your uncle has a lady friend there,- Towhee shared, complete with a wiggle of her eyebrows.

Talking about her brother reminded her of why she was out this way: she was meant to be hunting. She idly wondered if Jr would want to join her on this endeavor, though it would definitely complicate conversation. She mulled for a moment, deciding to stay put and catch up with her daughter a bit longer before getting back to the task at hand.

-Is Ariadne one of Kukutux’s?- she asked conversationally. -What’s it like, living on a giant ice cube?-

Even as she awaited answers to her lighthearted questions, an errant thought weaseled its way into her brain. When she’d bumped into Sable, it had been shortly after Caracal’s death. She should probably tell Jr about that. Towhee imagined it wouldn’t affect her much. Had they ever even met? But it suddenly felt like she was doing her son’s memory a disservice by not even mentioning him. Her lips pursed.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 10, 2023, 07:06 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 13, 2023, 10:11 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 13, 2023, 02:49 PM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 13, 2023, 09:56 PM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 15, 2023, 06:05 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 15, 2023, 10:18 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 17, 2023, 06:45 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 18, 2023, 10:38 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 19, 2023, 05:55 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 19, 2023, 10:42 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 23, 2023, 10:42 AM