Moonsong Glacier send the darkness
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It worked. Her spitting image stared back at her, then quickly signed a response. Towhee barked a laugh at the sheepishness, then another when Jr insisted she hadn’t realized her mom had found someone new.

-I haven’t,- she assured when she caught her breath, -and you can rest assured that I have no plans to find someone, nor procreate, for that matter. I mean, why bother, when I already popped out perfection?-

She reached toward Jr’s cheek, making as if to pinch it, though she only gently nudged the young woman’s face. Towhee grinned, though over a matter of few seconds, it softened into a somewhat different expression.

-You should know your dad was the love of my life. There will never be another.- She let that hang for a beat before adding, -And I truly don’t know about more kids. For me, having a mate and having kids are not mutually exclusive or whatever. But I’m getting pretty dang old, so…-

She was in her grandmotherly years. And it was on her offspring like Jr here to continue the legacy, although of course her youngest litter would need another year before that could happen. For that reason, Towhee didn’t bother raising that subject currently.

-I’m glad you seem so thrilled about cousins, though. Those are definitely happening,- Towhee repeated insistently. -And we’ll be close by so you can come help me corrupt them whenever you like.-
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 10, 2023, 07:06 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 13, 2023, 10:11 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 13, 2023, 02:49 PM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 13, 2023, 09:56 PM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 15, 2023, 06:05 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 15, 2023, 10:18 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 17, 2023, 06:45 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 18, 2023, 10:38 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 19, 2023, 05:55 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee - December 19, 2023, 10:42 AM
RE: send the darkness - by Towhee Jr - December 23, 2023, 10:42 AM