Redhawk Caldera On foot I had to cross the solar system.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She wasn’t really sure what to expect when Killdeer appeared in the distance and moved rapidly closer. Would he be beside himself with grief? Towhee thought of the times he’d helped her through her own devastation. She would return the favor, no questions, though she remembered that Bronco had actually died some time ago. Perhaps he’d processed already.

In fact, he seemed in good spirits when he greeted them. His nose nudged her cheek and Towhee smiled, glad for his sake. While he was busy greeting his mother, she clapped him on the back, then slid her paw upward to affectionately ruffle the fur on his head. As soon as she could, she would pull him into a hug.

It’s good to see you too, kiddo, Towhee said, eyes searching his face for any sign of latent sorrow.

But she saw only love beaming from his eyes, true joy at seeing them. Towhee’s heart did a little lurch. She almost didn’t want to bring up his loss, in case Killdeer didn’t want to be reminded of something so sad in such a happy moment of reunion. It would feel terrible not to acknowledge the elephant in the room, though.

We would’ve come sooner but we just heard the news about your dad not long ago. I’m so sorry for your loss, Killer.

There were a lot of other things she wanted to stay, though she stopped herself there. Towhee wanted Fennec to get a word in edgewise. Otherwise, she readied herself to take her cues from him, providing whatever support Killdeer needed at this juncture.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
On foot I had to cross the solar system. - by Towhee - March 04, 2024, 10:42 AM
RE: On foot I had to cross the solar system. - by Towhee - March 11, 2024, 08:11 AM