Sun Mote Copse so you found another way
Sun Mote Copse
Esquire*
5,160 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
You look like a doofus, Towhee said to Bushtit as he frolicked around The Taigh.

“Doof,” she swore she saw him say before his head turned, ears flopping as he stumbled around on his comically oversized paws.

Not long after that illuminating exchange, @Towhee Jr returned from a patrol. Towhee asked her daughter to keep an eye on the little Bearn, wondering if he would even notice the swap. If he came looking for milk from Jr, Towhee was sure she’d give him a good bonk, and with that entertaining thought, she stepped into the open air.

It was a little breezy today, the treetops rocking and swaying. It tore dying leaves from their limbs, sending them swirling in the air. Towhee enjoyed the sights and smells, wondering if there were any accompanying sounds. She contributed her own when a crisp leaf struck her right in the eye, prompting a loud string of swear words.

She stopped to rub at her eye, blinking rapidly as it watered. She tipped her head skyward, which was when Towhee noticed Ghost circling. When he saw her looking up at him, he changed course, winging toward the borders. Screwing her eye shut, she trundled in the raptor’s shadow.

Towhee rolled to a halt, mouth gaping a little as she stared at a face she hadn’t seen in quite some time. She probably looked ridiculous, with one eye still squinted, but she didn’t really care. She slowly padded closer, noting how much of his gray fur had turned white over the intervening years.

They’d avoided speaking directly then, though Towhee didn’t hesitate to ask presently, Eljay, what the heck brings you here?

-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

Please consider the following preferences when writing with me:
• I welcome casual power-play to optimize continuity and flow. Don't miss your chance to infer my character burped, sneezed, etc.
• I love referential tags, so please use them liberally. If you start a thread and tag me for participation, please allow 24-48 hours before proceeding without me. I will do the same for my tagged partners.
• Do not skip me without prior consent. I will also obtain express permission before skipping anyone else. If you want to skip or be skipped, please communicate that clearly beforehand so nobody's left behind or hanging.
• I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for a month. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested! Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply.
Messages In This Thread
so you found another way - by Eljay - September 27, 2024, 04:23 AM
RE: so you found another way - by Towhee - September 27, 2024, 11:53 AM
RE: so you found another way - by Eljay - October 02, 2024, 06:07 AM
RE: so you found another way - by Towhee - October 02, 2024, 10:31 AM
RE: so you found another way - by Eljay - Yesterday, 06:36 AM