Moonglow
Alpha*
3,185 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
<3

gwen called to her, the igadux studded with somber gems of blue. beautiful, curvaceous. she held kukutux in thrall for a long moment, until at last the narrow-boned girl remembered herself and dipped low her head before the one cry called queen.

"i did not —" the duck began, dropping the swan, but fear cut off her words. a swallow, one almost painful in its formation. "you are the one in his soul. i would not have asked if i had known how deeply your spirits were tied." it was the truth: cry had told her of his love, but kukutux had not understood until it was too late. there remained hope within her heart that she could mend things, however, for gwen did not seem unkind.

"i asked because ... it is all i have left of my people. my mate," came her quiet admission, voice cracking with emotion she fought to rein. why had she not died? why had she been spared, only to watch her grandfather suffer and pass, and find herself alone in a strange land? "to carry on their traditions, to raise my children their way. that is why i asked," kukutux finished, finding it unfair that saltwater had settled in the corners of her eyes.

"my soul hurts. that does not mean yours must also," the grieving young one stated, more firmly. "i will stay until you have your pack. then, if you cannot stand to see me here, i will leave, and go to the sea." biting her lip, kukutux drew a quick breath and nudged the pale body of the limp waterfowl toward gwen, averting her eyes. "this is for you. the down will make soft bedding for your children."

oh — she wanted to run! but still she stood, awaiting gwen's ire, her words, her demand that kukutux leave the keep now. whatever the queen wished, yes, the girl would do, for this could surely not be her home now.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Messages In This Thread
maquktuq ⛈ - by Kukutux - February 07, 2019, 01:40 PM
RE: maquktuq ⛈ - by Gwen - February 09, 2019, 09:09 AM
RE: maquktuq ⛈ - by Kukutux - February 12, 2019, 10:20 PM
RE: maquktuq ⛈ - by Gwen - February 17, 2019, 02:04 PM
RE: maquktuq ⛈ - by Kukutux - February 17, 2019, 05:01 PM
RE: maquktuq ⛈ - by Gwen - February 17, 2019, 05:16 PM
RE: maquktuq ⛈ - by Kukutux - February 18, 2019, 03:43 PM
RE: maquktuq ⛈ - by Gwen - February 21, 2019, 11:44 AM
RE: maquktuq ⛈ - by Kukutux - March 01, 2019, 02:31 PM