Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
There was quite a lot going on with Mereo, though Towhee could scarcely do anything about any of it. There were still several weeks to go and it felt as though her pregnancy was sucking her dry of every last ounce of energy. No amount of food or rest could supplant her fatigue or the chronic aching all through her body.

It was perhaps a good thing Glaukos had been sent away; she did not feel up to the task of training him. And she certainly didn’t have the energy for regular patrols any longer. Hell, she barely felt up to overseeing matches at the sparring pit. Most days, she just dragged herself either to see @Ruenna or @Aquene and stayed there, feeling guilty but also enjoying the downtime.

She was at the palazzo today, deaf to the sound of a bird trilling loudly just outside the door. In fact, she’d fallen into a dead sleep after attempting to nurse @Alivia, @Aquillius, @Cornelius and @Valiria. But a sudden, sharp kick to her bladder roused her and sent her lurching out the door to pop a squat in the closest cluster of bushes.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
Kallik had cut back on his duties significantly so that he could be close to his and Aquene's den as much as possible. He still made sure to hunt, though, and he would not only bring food for his own wife, but for the imperator's wife as well. And often he would leave things outside Towhee and Maxim's den. He knew she had Maxim and Phox and other members of her family to help her out, but that didn't stop him from making sure he included her in his rounds. 

Her was nearing the imperator and matrona's den, a wild turkey hanging heavily from his jaws when he saw Towhee sprint from the den. He was alarmed at first, but then he realized she just really had to pee. Because of going through this with his own wife, he knew that was a symptom of her pregnancy. 

The soldier stopped near the opening to the den and waited politely for her to finish, the turkey crumpled on the ground near his feet.
Inuttuk
Common
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Still blinking sleep from her eyes, Towhee didn’t notice she had company until she finished emptying her bladder and stood, giving her rump a little shake. Even then, it was only the smell of a fresh kill that caught her attention, clearing up the last of her grogginess as she looked up sharply, mouth already watering.

But that turkey Kallik was holding was most likely meant for the Matrona. She’s inside, Towhee said, stepping away from the plentifully watered shrubs. A strange tremor passed through her as she came to a halt in front of Kallik, that and her fatigue robbing her of her usual bravado so that she only nodded tiredly at him.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
The turkey was meant for the matrona, but now that Towhee was here, he would give it to her. Kallik nosed it towards her. Take it, he told her, his tone implying that there was no room for argument from her. 

She looked tired and not at all like the spry and somewhat annoying Towhee he was used to. It worried the soldier. You should be resting, he told her, bossy like he was with Aquene. I can walk you back to your den if you would like, Kallik added, hoping she would take him up on his offer. I can carry this back with us. He pointed his muzzle to the turkey as he spoke.
Inuttuk
Common
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Perhaps because she’d been rudely awoken in the middle of a nap and now stood here feeling like a sack of crap, Kallik’s words earned a grumpy look from her. No matter how poorly she felt, she wasn’t going to take Rue’s food. And she would’ve found his patronizing funny any other day, but right now it mostly just made her even crankier.

But surely he meant well, so Towhee set her jaw and quipped petulantly, You’re not the boss of me, and then waited to see if he might improve her day a little bit with an amusing reaction.

636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
She seemed to bristle at his tone. Aquene rarely responded that way, but she was likely far more willing to oblige him than Towhee. Still, he was stubborn, and he wanted her to at least take the food. 

His jaw set into a rigid line when she spoke. She apparently felt okay enough to push his buttons. He knew she was pushing them, yet he still couldn't control his reaction. Kallik rolled his eyes. Hey, I was just trying to help, he told her. There was no emotion in his voice, like he was simply stating a fact. If you don't take that food, I will just carry it to your den myself. I can get the matrona something else. It was pushy but he wanted to get his way.
Inuttuk
Common
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She saw his jaw tighten and her own tension unwound slightly at the sight. Then came the eye roll and Towhee smirked inwardly. Now she found it a bit more endearing when he insisted he only wanted to help, then refused to take “no” for an answer regarding the slain turkey.

Okay, Sir White Knight, she replied sarcastically, a little spicy but not too much heat. Has anyone ever told you you’re extremely bossy? Do you think being pregnant makes me some sort of delicate flower or something? Towhee demanded to know.

636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
No, he answered flatly. He didn't think anyone had come out and said that to him, though he knew it about himself. 

To her next question, he raised an eyebrow. Delicate? No, Kallik started. But you are more vulnerable than you would normally be. She couldn't deny that. I guess you can share this with the matrona, and I can bring something else later. He glanced between her and the den opening. He supposed she could have been resting in there. How are the pups? he asked. He tried to give the matrona as much privacy as he could. Usually, he just left food outside the den for her to retrieve whenever she needed it.
Inuttuk
Common
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She arched a brow in disbelief. No? No wonder you’re so overbearing, if nobody ever tells you to check yourself, Towhee jabbed, though there was a flicker of good humor in her tired orange gaze.

He insisted that she was vulnerable and Towhee just sighed dramatically at him. She repeated the sound when he told her she should share with the Matrona. For fun or not, she didn’t have any energy left for banter.

They’re great. You should go inside and visit them, get some practice, she replied, warmly but wearily. How is Aquene today? she asked, having spent a bit of time with her every day in her husband’s absence but once more favoring the palazzo now that Kallik was back.

636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
He was also aware of his tendency to be overbearing, especially where Aquene was concerned. But he didn't much care; his hypervigilance kept them safe. He let the comment go, though, because he wasn't in the mood for a back and forth on his personality, nor did he think he owed her an explanation. 

Kallik shook his head once when Towhee suggested he go inside and meet the pups. When they are older, I will spend time with them, he told her. They're too vulnerable now and I do not want to make the matrona uncomfortable. Plus, he didn't really know how to be around tiny pups; what if he stepped on one?

She is tired, and she thinks the pups will be here any day, he answered. Thank you for taking care of her while I was gone, he offered. He felt guilty for leaving her while she was pregnant. It made things more bearable to know that she had friends looking out for her.
Inuttuk
Common
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Kallik refuted her. His reasons made her head actually tilt. It was the use of the word “vulnerable” that really stood out to her more than the other reasons. What was he going to do around his own newborns? She doubted Ruenna would mind visitors, especially at the pups’ current age. They were curious and into everything, a guest would be the perfect distraction.

Practice? Towhee repeated, since it was a salient point, but she said nothing else on the matter. It’s been my pleasure, she added truthfully. She enjoyed Aquene’s company almost as much as Rue’s, and that was really saying something.

Since her energy was flagging so much, she suddenly announced, I’m gonna go back inside. I’ll take this and share it with Rue. Thanks for the turkey, turkey, were Towhee’s parting words, giving him a last smug but tired look before grabbing the fowl and ducking back inside the palazzo.