Northstar Vale reports
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
All Welcome 
today, he had found the lotus springs. a ring around the creek had led him there — and although he was positive it would be more of a sight in spring, it seemed lovely now. whimsical. his only regret was that he could not take towhee there at once. nor show her what remained of the flowers that bloomed alongside the spring.

when he returned to the den that mid-afternoon, it was with the knowledge that he wanted to take her there the moment he could.

which meant perhaps it was no surprise he started his greeting to @Towhee with —

-how are you feeling today?-

learing ptero from towhee. words that are signed will be portrayed -like this-
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,975 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Not long after Fennec headed back to Mereo, Maxim arrived at the cave. Towhee peeled her eyes from the wall—she’d been staring at it for who knows how long—and smiled at the sight of him. Pushing to her feet, she moseyed to greet him just outside the cave’s mouth.

-“I’m feeling gossipy,”- she rejoined with a look. -“Remember when I told you I was worried about Germanicus…?”-
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
some part of this already felt like a ritual. sitting at the mouth of the den, chatting away as they pleased. there was relief every time.

although the topic certainly served to switch him from relaxed to intently focused upon her.

-yes-... his brows pinched softly. -what's the gossip?-

Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,975 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The mild pinch between his eyes reminded Towhee of how anxious Maxim felt about her lately. She instantly craned forward to smooth out the wrinkle with a press of her nose, then stepped back to sign rapidly at him.

-“He and Fennec got hitched, can you believe it?”-
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
the smoothing of his features from his wife may as well have done nothing at all when she spoke. the imperator had been hitched. already. so soon!

to none other than fennec redhawk.

the look on his face was that of being gobsmacked. jaw slightly agape.

-no!- he was utterly bewildered, signing dramatized by it all.

Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,975 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fucking wild, right? Towhee said, dropping signing simply because her forelegs couldn’t keep up with her mouth. I didn’t even think they got along but apparently they reached an agreement. And, I mean…

She gestured at the two of them. They were living, breathing proof that marriages begun as business arrangements sometimes worked out spectacularly well. Towhee couldn’t find fault with that, although there was still part of her that couldn’t help but think of Rue.

I won’t say this to anybody but you, she said, trying to lower her voice, but it happened so fast. Rue just left, it feels like. I know she gave Germanicus an out and I figured he’d remarry but not right away. He’s not even over her, you know?

483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
he agreed with a nod, when she motioned between them. of course those kinds of arrangements could work, especially when made from mutual agreement. it was more the —

well, towhee covered it well.

i did not think he ever would! he confessed with a wide gaze towards his mate. but you are right, this is soon. how does...fennec feel?

Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,975 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She seems happy about it, Towhee said, a paw raising absently to touch at her chin. She knows it’s not about love—heck, she even acknowledged that he’s still holding a torch for Rue—but she seems to enjoy the companionship. It sounds like they had a long talk and… okay, she admitted, changing tack slightly because this was Maxim, I do worry that neither one of them has been in a great mindset lately. But it could work. And I hope it does.

She blinked. She supposed she was still processing all her thoughts and feelings about the news. Towhee rewound her mate’s comment a moment ago: “I did not think he ever would!” She wondered how the rest of Mereo would feel: surprised or unsurprised?

I imagine they’ll have a litter, come spring, Towhee said, a little sparkle in her eye. I definitely know Fen wants more. I’m super curious how Killer will feel about all of this…

She trailed off thoughtfully before suddenly remembering herself and asking, How’re the explorations going today?

483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
if everybody understood everything, how could he be upset? how could he judge? he did neither. even as they discussed a future litter. he wondered how that would be. redhawks seemingly maintained their hold even when half rehoused!

i found a wonderful place. nearly romantic! he laughed after his words. reminding himself to not laugh around them lest she miss reading his lips.

i almost wondered if i should tell you about it or make you wait until i could take you...

Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,975 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Wanna fade this one and have a followup now that she’s mobile? :D

Oh, lort, Towhee replied, clicking her tongue. I’m dying to hear more about this place I can’t see for myself yet—and I mean all of this vale, not just this ‘nearly romantic’ spot—but it might give me something to look forward to… and I need all the motivation I can get to keep my ass parked so I don’t fuck shit up again.

She sighed and slowly slumped to the ground. Towhee motioned for Maxim to join her down there. Even if she could do literally nothing else, it was nice that a good snuggle was always on the table.

483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
yes pls <3

he placed himself comfortably alongside her. his worries for her health stayed tucked away with moments like this. where her spirits were high and the heft of the injury did not weigh so heavy on her.

he would tell and sign to her every detail he could muster of the lotus spring.

of course, with a promise to take her there the moment they could.