Northstar Vale (M) I have this thing where I get older but just never wiser.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Conception 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: vaguely adult themes.

They began their day—and their year, not that they realized, just as neither one knew it was her sixth birthday—with a bang. Afterward, Towhee sprawled beside @Maxim, taking a few minutes to catch her breath. When she recovered, she curled toward his warmth, feeling quite cozy tucked between him and the rough wall of their den beneath the willow. She dozed.

Sometime later, she roused again and sat up with several age-appropriate creaks and groans. After taking a minute to stretch, she stepped outside to heed nature’s call. As she squatted, Towhee assessed herself. She still wasn’t over her cold, though she was slowly feeling better. In fact, she could even breathe out of one of her nostrils today.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
happy birthday to towhee and a happy new year to you!! :D

this morning had been a welcome relief. the goat pelt had served a good purpose for the mated pair but maxim could not help but wonder if they needed something...more? newer, clean.

for whoever may come live in their den by spring.

maxim, with all the charm of a tree, shuffled outside after towhee. -you feeling good?- a quirk of his brow above olive eyes. prepared for her to take that question (and answer it) in whatever manner towhee saw fit.

learing ptero from towhee. words that are signed will be portrayed -like this-
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Thank you, you too!

She felt like she hadn’t breathed properly in days. Towhee immediately drew in a huge breath, enjoying the airflow through her single operational nostril. She sucked in so rapidly, it sort of burned, and it prompted her into a coughing fit. It was a good thing she was still squatting, since she peed a little.

She glanced up when Maxim skulked out of the den, shaking her head at him as she barked out a few more coughs. Finally, the tickling ceased and her breathing returned to normal. But there was a strange look on Towhee’s face when she straightened out and pivoted to face her mate.

I think… am I… do you smell that…? Towhee demanded, squinting.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
he had chalked up pungent air to the fact that towhee had just, well, pissed. although a deeper investigation into her smell prompted something familiar. a little switch back in his brain.

all he had ever known for these things was towhee.

smells like...you. but the look on his face probably conveyed it better than his words did.

already?! he felt prepared and woefully unprepared all at once.

Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fucking… really…? Towhee demanded, realizing a heartbeat later that she was glowering at Maxim.

Smoothing out her expression, she huffed and stepped closer to him, offering an apologetic lick to his cheek. She hadn’t really been talking to him. And she hadn’t even caught his astute comment. Towhee was too busy reeling.

Of course, they wanted this. They already had their leaders’ blessings. They had all their ducks in a row, honestly. Towhee just hadn’t expected it to come on so soon, especially considering her last heat hadn’t come around until spring.

Maybe it’s this place, she muttered, still talking to herself. We’re basically living the apple pie life…

There was no reason to tap the brakes. Ha, and we already fucked! Towhee’s brain helpfully reminded her. That really only left them with one option: embrace it, and each other.

Although she was still processing, Towhee pressed herself closer to her partner. She blinked owlishly at him, then began to smile. Her tail waved, fanning her scent around them and thumping Maxim’s thigh on every rotation.

Shit, I guess this is happening. Wanna head back inside and not come out for five to seven days? she quipped with a wink.

483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
fade! :D

whatever he felt unprepared for, he imagined they could tackle together. maybe it was the love he felt for towhee, maybe it was the season that had decided to slam upon them this morning.

no, it was definitely the love.

he reached to softly comb at the white fur that dusted towhee's shoulder. charmed by her directness as usual!

no place i'd rather be. but words weren't really needed, she'd know that too. he nipped now, prepared to herd them back into the redhawk roost.