Swiftcurrent Creek [m] When I see stars, that's all they are
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
972 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric listened closely. She had interesting customs where she was from, but they didn't sound bad. No they sounded active and full of life. Vibrant. He wondered what had dulled Reverie's sparkle and vibrancy.

He chuckled. It sounded like a good time. Perhaps we will need to bring something back like that here.

He didn't know if Akavir would go for dancing, but he may allow a hunt or a feast of some kind and Reverie can dance on her own away from the feast if she so wished. If Akavir didn't want such a thing.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,443 Posts
Ooc — xynien
It was the best, Reverie breathed, lost in thought until she remembered something that made her frown. But... I can't dance anymore. I haven't been able to since - well, since I danced with you. Not that it had anything to do with Arric.
I just - can't keep my balance anymore. I get dizzy, It felt like being an entirely different person, to be honest. Like being in a stranger's body. Hers was no longer familiar to her, and nothing worked the way it ought to.
Watching me is like watching a fire take your eyes from you
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
972 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
He was surprised and then he shook his head. You can still dance. You're probably just stressed or thinking too hard. That happened to me one time. I couldn't calm myself to meditate properly. It was right after my dad died. I was so emotionally screwed up. I was a mess and i couldn't do it. But i just kept trying and learning to heal and it got better.

Though I really wish you'd let me take you to my healer friend. You don't sound well, Rev.

Arric frowned and looked her over again. Nervous now that she would break on his watch.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,443 Posts
Ooc — xynien
You don't sound well.
She softened to hear his concern, but at the same time there was a sharp cold fear in her belly. An intuition like a shard of ice piercing through her. No, she thought a little numbly, I'm not well. And this won't end well. But she thought of what it would be like, to go see this healer and flush the new life from her body with strange herbs. Surely it would hurt. She could not imagine that it wouldn't.
And who knew what Ashlar would be inclined to do to her while she was in such a vulnerable state?
No, She said a little too sharply, but it was fear in her voice, not anger. I - I can't. I don't trust most healers, not since - Reverie swallowed the confession. She did not trust Arric with this. It's a long story. But... if I go, I want Lestan there. So I have to talk to him first. He would not let anything terrible happen to her, she felt. So the only way she would do this would be with him at her side.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
972 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric didn't even care about the pups anymore or whether she kept them. That was to say he did care, but no now his concern was for her. She was not well. She was dizzy and weak and lethargic sometimes. Her body was betraying her and it made him twitchy.

Arric nodded his head. Very well. I hope you talk to him soon, Rev. Cause pregnancy aside. You need some answers. We worry about you.

Arric shifted. Unsure. What else could be said? Would she listen? Probably not. Did he wish she would. Yes. So much. Lestan would be distraught if something happened to her and he wouldn't handle it well himself if he was honest.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,443 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie grimaced slightly, ashamed to have inspired such concern in one of her leaders. It occurred to her that she was quite useless to the pack, and only gave them cause to worry. She had been attentive to Jakoul lately, true, but she was certain the woman would have gotten by just fine without her. It was only that Reverie cared too much to let her be alone. All in all, she was more a burden than anything.
It was time to be honest with Arric.
If you're talking about - the fact that I behave strangely sometimes, well, a lot of healers have tried to tell me what's wrong, She took a deep breath, remembering that night with Lestan and Tybault, when she'd been unable to speak or focus at all. It's always the same. They give it some name, mania or hysteria or something stupid, and then they try their herbs and their treatments - and then they give up.
They almost drowned me once; what would Ashlar think of that? She wanted to say the words, but she didn't want to see pity in Arric's eyes.
My parents were obsessed with fixing me. But no one can, It was best that Arric knew this now. If it meant he didn't want her here anymore, then Reverie would sooner know it before any pregnancy progressed too far. Akavir already disliked her, she felt. I'm getting better on my own, anyway. It's just slow. So very slow, she wondered if anyone would be able to stand her by the time she made herself into something worth their time.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
972 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric stared at her with surprise. That's not what I was saying at all? Who's really normal anyway, Rev? I'm for sure hell not. I mean really.

Arric lifted a shoulder. Sounds like just general sadness. I get that way when the weather changes. Sometimes you just do, it happens.

Arric shifted and bent his head to look her in the eye. All things that truly matter, take time. So I don't see how your health should be any different Rev. I meant your physical stuff, the dizziness, the tiredness, the fainting. None of that is strange. Well it is, but not how you're talking. That is what I am talking about.
Hushed Willows
Dancing Queen
1,443 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Oh. Reverie was immediately ashamed to have misunderstood, and to have revealed so much about herself unnecessarily. Arric at least did not seem to hate her for it. Still, it stung to hear the great tragedy in her life summarized and dismissed as general sadness. She suddenly wanted nothing more than to end this conversation.
Oh, I - I'm sorry I misunderstood, She mumbled. Thank you for listening, Arric - and for caring. Reverie offered a smile then, because she did like him. He was kind and knowledgeable and always trying to help. It was just that no one could help Reverie — and maybe she wanted someone to just accept that for once.
With that she excused herself to find Lestan. She meant to talk to him, she really did, but he was so distant with her that she could not bring herself to do it. Not for awhile.