Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,994 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Tagging La Muerte pledges for visibility, in case you guys could use some founding threads! @Reyna @Paloma @Klara :)

She wandered into the sweep, her step steady as her orange eyes roved warily through the trees. Now that it was unclaimed, perhaps the passerby would cross through its middle rather than straddle the copse’s southern borderline. Towhee pondered this as she moved closer to the river, walking along its banks toward the mouth of the strath.

She wouldn’t pass through it, of course, though she paused to give it the same old hairy eyeball she always did. Towhee tipped her fading muzzle toward the April sky—mostly cloudy today, with glimpses of blue—and studied the scents on the light breeze. For the nth time in her life, she wondered why wolves were attracted to this mountebank of a region.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Pledged
La Muerte

vampiress
78 Posts
Ooc — bon
idt she'd be alone while visiting the entire territory but she would be when visiting the nest unless paloma's w her. she wouldnt scoff over someone elses babies in front of anyone else !!!

the haunted sweep has chased away the little village. the vampiress now floats through it, observing what was left behind to be forgotten.

she smells it. a nest of vermin was growing here! the pale wraith scoffs when she realizes it. good riddance; they sorted themselves out without reyna having to get her hands dirty.

but she smells someone else too. another scavenger. the queen follows the trail, each step calculated so as to make as little noise as possible. when the stranger finally comes into view, reyna stands at a distance, crimson eyes fixated on the figure. if it were at any other time, reyna perhaps would've gotten closer. but at 5 weeks pregnant, reyna knows she is defending not just herself, but the little ones — the ones of sacred blood — that grow inside her.
[Image: Illustration460.png]
nivis is welcome in all threads
reyna is rated mature
join La Muerte! | adopt a pup!
Pledged
La Muerte
A Handmaiden's Tale
8 Posts
Ooc — Vamikins
Reyna wished to explore the lands below, now that they had come to silence once more. Paloma, of course, follows behind with each step she takes. In Paloma's opinion, Reyna should not be going out (in her condition especially) without at least one guard on each side while Paloma covered the rear. However, they were lacking on subjects just yet. Creating an empire her own would not be easy, yet Paloma would follow Reyna through every hardship. 

Every so often, as Reyna paused to investigate something, Paloma would dig at the ground, tearing out some herbs at the root. Those which she had yet to find in the Boar mountains that she could then cultivate their. Upon seeing the other large woman, Paloma drops her bundle in sudden alarm of another with them. She did not speak, for it was her Mistresses place to do so.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,994 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Through the natural arches, a wolf appeared. She was tall and pale, reminding Towhee of a crane. A second, smaller figure appeared behind her. The coloration immediately made her think of Caracal and Dinah. Towhee let out a breath, eyes drifting back and forth between the pair. It was hard to tell from a distance, though there was a telling curve in the larger woman’s hips.

I don’t know if you’re the ones who’ve been trying to cut between the sweep and the copse, Towhee called out to them, but the sweep is no longer occupied, so you don’t have to come so close to the copse anymore. Where are you coming and going from, anyway?

Would they answer her? They both kept their distance, looking at her warily despite the odds of two against one. She wasn’t entirely sure she’d be able to catch their responses from back here, though she refused to step into the strath. Maybe she could get them to move closer, if necessary. She wasn’t looking to make friends. But she wasn’t here to make enemies either.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Pledged
La Muerte

vampiress
78 Posts
Ooc — bon
immediately, the stranger accuses her. the rats had scurried to speak ill of her kingdom.
if only reyna had more soldiers. then, she could've gotten her hands dirty.

hello to you too. her head tilts upwards ever so slightly as she addresses the stranger from the distance. we are part of the settlement that lies in the heights, yes. our crossing was necessary, since the sweep's claim blocked off our entrance and our exit. but if you know of us, i'm sure you know of that already.

something drops besides her, and a quick glance shows her paloma, terror rising even beyond her body. anymore, and the maid would risk fainting. but reyna pays it no mind. if this stranger were to attack a pregnant woman, they would have hell to pay for it. 

we never meant harm, i'm sorry that that was your first impression of us. but none of my people ever intentionally stepped foot into either claim if it wasn't to return home, as far as i am aware.
the vampiress withholds knowing of klara's intrustion.
[Image: Illustration460.png]
nivis is welcome in all threads
reyna is rated mature
join La Muerte! | adopt a pup!
Pledged
La Muerte
A Handmaiden's Tale
8 Posts
Ooc — Vamikins
The large woman speaks, yet she does not draw nearer, informing them of the little family band of wolves that had lived here- they were now gone. Good. 

Now, Reyna speaks. Paloma listens keenly. The other woman had not been agressive, yet did not entirely speak friendly, either. No greeting, no introduction. Down to business, then.

The maiden is quiet, listening only and watching Towhee's movements carefully, ready to take the punch should this stranger due her Mistress harm.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,994 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She couldn’t detect tone, though Towhee sensed some sarcasm in that initial “hello,” particularly since it was paired with an indignant tilt of the woman’s head. The Redhawk cocked her own, though she thought little of it as she focused on reading the woman’s lips from across the way. It was pretty difficult, though not impossible. As far as she could tell, from a brief glance, the other wolf didn’t speak at all, which made things easier for her.

The heights? she repeated in her head, eyes wandering past the pair of she-wolves to the mountains in the distance. Towhee let out an airy laugh of relief. Now that those wannabes next door were gone, the residents of the copse need never cross paths with these wolves. In a sense, Napa Valley—or whatever the hell they’d called it—had taken one for the team.

Now that they’re out of the way, we probably won’t ever see one another, Towhee voiced her thoughts aloud, so it sounds like a win/win situation for both. Good riddance, she tacked on in her head.