Lion Head Mesa (ap) Not sure exactly where I am.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,034 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Well, she had certainly fanned the flames. She took a step back as Reyes went on a brief tirade. She could've been hurt by the words he spewed into the chilly November night. Instead, she felt something settle deep inside her. Now that their kids were older (and stronger, and smarter), Towhee didn't really have to worry about them around Reyes anymore. So he really, truly wasn't her problem anymore. He was Teya's problem now. It was weirdly freeing and she was momentarily overcome by a sort of slaphappy mood.

"Yeah! You tell 'im!" she encouraged. "Go get 'im!" Towhee added, lifting a foreleg to gently push Reyes toward the distant mesa. It was the first time she'd touched him since some time immemorial and, quite possibly, the last time she ever would.

She stood there to make sure he was headed in the right direction, muttering a quiet, "Good luck. Don't die." She then slowly turned and began making her way back toward the caldera. She felt keyed up from the interaction, so Towhee knew she wouldn't go right to bed. Maybe she would park it back at the borders, wait up for Rue after all. She would want to hear all about Reyes's comeback from an eyewitness.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
(ap) Not sure exactly where I am. - by Reyes (Ghost) - November 16, 2021, 10:03 PM
RE: (ap) Not sure exactly where I am. - by Towhee - November 16, 2021, 10:47 PM
RE: (ap) Not sure exactly where I am. - by Reyes (Ghost) - November 16, 2021, 10:53 PM
RE: (ap) Not sure exactly where I am. - by Towhee - November 16, 2021, 11:11 PM
RE: (ap) Not sure exactly where I am. - by Reyes (Ghost) - November 16, 2021, 11:19 PM
RE: (ap) Not sure exactly where I am. - by Towhee - November 16, 2021, 11:30 PM
RE: (ap) Not sure exactly where I am. - by Reyes (Ghost) - November 16, 2021, 11:41 PM
RE: (ap) Not sure exactly where I am. - by Towhee - November 17, 2021, 12:02 AM
RE: (ap) Not sure exactly where I am. - by Reyes (Ghost) - November 17, 2021, 12:18 AM
RE: (ap) Not sure exactly where I am. - by Towhee - November 17, 2021, 12:34 AM
RE: (ap) Not sure exactly where I am. - by Reyes (Ghost) - November 17, 2021, 12:43 AM
RE: (ap) Not sure exactly where I am. - by Towhee - November 17, 2021, 12:57 AM