Moonspear i will take the sun in my mouth & leap into the ripe air
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,123 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
hydra spoke again, and her words washed relief over kukutux.

she had been given to the bear-woman. it was wise and good that hydra bartered for her now. a glance or two was stolen bashfully at arcturus. he was tall, handsome, a soul that seemed kind. the spirit chunnered approvingly, despite the gentle insistence of his leader, the young man addressed the delicate nuliaksraun.

though kukutux appreciated his words, it was hydra who would determine her fate. arcturus reminded the duck of kalika — whom she might never see again — kalika, jubilant and teasing and ready to strike the chains from 'round the girl's ankles, bring her out of bondage, make her a woman before a wife.

but she had only ever wished such with agana.

and that could not come to pass. not now. not ever.

thus kukutux found herself traded to moonspear, and was determined to make of it a good thing. if there were other men within the ranks who might take her as wife, she would not need a month to choose. "thank you," she murmured again, lifting long-lashed greenstone eyes as far as his cheekbone for a shy moment. "it is my choice to be wife, to bear children for moonspear."

wife and mother. mother. mother. yes. why then could she not fill her arms while her heart remained empty?

"whoever you choose," the girl addressed to hydra, wilting back into herself once more, "i will obey." do not send me to find another empty hearth. i cannot bear it.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Messages In This Thread
RE: i will take the sun in my mouth & leap into the ripe air - by Kukutux - January 29, 2020, 06:59 PM